User Tag List

Thread: latest caique cage setup

latest caique cage setup

latest cage additions. A natural wood perch at upper left with varying diameters, a pedi perch on the door and another to step onto to get to the food cup at the back right of the cage. There is another food cup at the upper right of the cage (one for pellets and the other for veggies and fruits), and one on the back left for water. We just got a "bathtub' that we have to clean / disinfect to put near the lower right-front. We also put a 'happy hut' on the back. We have more foot toys ordered, and are working on obtaining more hanging toys to swap in and out every 4-5 weeks. Ideas? Suggestions?

Skip
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180528_161052_resized.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	5198Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180528_161040_resized.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	5199

- - - Updated - - -

We moved the Happy Hut nearer the top.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-01-2018), Dragonlady2 (06-01-2018), Quakerella (06-05-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Looks great! Is the “happy hut” the hollow cylinder near the bottom? If so, you might find it will get pooped on. Birds like to roost near the top of the cage and it might work out better there?
    I used rope perches initially for my eclectus. I found that it got sticky and dirty with food and poop. It’s a pain to clean. Boings are awesome!

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-01-2018), Quakerella (06-05-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    That cage looks a fun place to be for a birdy

Poop-off works well at getting rope perches clean. Plus a couple of times a year take them out in the garden and use a pressure washer (not too close) on them. Note that if you do that on the patio you will probably end up with a rope perch shaped clean area on the paving and end up having to do the whole area

Watch out for ingestion of synthetic fibres from coloured rope perches and preening toys - they can build up in the bird's crop and cause nasty problems.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-01-2018), Quakerella (06-05-2018)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Looks nice. But be warned that your unwoven rope preening item hanging on the right-hand panel is a tangle and strangle risk, especially since the strands are so long. Birds can become caught in such materials during play, which can easily turn fatal.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-02-2018), Lady (06-03-2018), Quakerella (06-05-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Looks great! Is the “happy hut” the hollow cylinder near the bottom? If so, you might find it will get pooped on. Birds like to roost near the top of the cage and it might work out better there?
    I used rope perches initially for my eclectus. I found that it got sticky and dirty with food and poop. It’s a pain to clean. Boings are awesome!
    We moved the Happy Hut to the top a couple of inched from the right side, to get it higher.

10. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    Looks nice. But be warned that your unwoven rope preening item hanging on the right-hand panel is a tangle and strangle risk, especially since the strands are so long. Birds can become caught in such materials during play, which can easily turn fatal.
    We removed that preening toy from the door and will replace it with something better. Thank you for your response.

Skip

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Lady (06-09-2018), PlaxMacaws (06-04-2018), Quakerella (06-05-2018)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    We removed that preening toy from the door and will replace it with something better. Thank you for your response.

Skip
    Glad to hear it. And you're most welcome.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

14. The following user likes this post:

Quakerella (06-05-2018)