User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: uploading photos as attachments

uploading photos as attachments

I have tried uploading jpg files as an attachment, but keep getting an error message saying the upload failed. How do I do this successfully?

Skp

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I am not as tech-savvy as I should be around this. I have left a message for someone to assist with this.

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    The only way I have uploaded photos is from the "Insert Image" link right above this text box. I then choose from my computer and upload. I can only do it from my computer. I wish I could be more help to you.

4. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-29-2018)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    I have tried uploading jpg files as an attachment, but keep getting an error message saying the upload failed. How do I do this successfully?

Skp
    Skip: Which platform and application are you using to access the forum? Also, what is the size of the image file you're trying to upload?
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-29-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    Skip: Which platform and application are you using to access the forum? Also, what is the size of the image file you're trying to upload?
    Using Chrome on Windows 10

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Using Chrome on Windows 10
    If your image file size is too large, your upload will fail. What size is the file you're attempting to upload?

Quote Originally Posted by Quakerella View Post
    The only way I have uploaded photos is from the "Insert Image" link right above this text box. I then choose from my computer and upload. I can only do it from my computer. I wish I could be more help to you.

Tried that, and didn't work.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Skip: You haven't answered my question. What is the file size of your attachment? For .jpg images, files much over 100k bytes will fail upon upload.

Quote Originally Posted by plax View Post
    Skip: You haven't answered my question. What is the file size of your attachment? For .jpg images, files much over 100k bytes will fail upon upload.
    about 2.05 mb

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    about 2.05 mb
    That would be why your upload attempts are failing... it's too large. If you reduce the image size, the file size will correspondingly decrease. Try reducing it to either 1024x768 px or 800x600 px. Or if it's a different aspect ratio, simply shoot for something near 1024 pixels (or less) for the longest dimension. It should upload for you then.