User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlie

Hybrid View

Parrots

Indian ringneck parrot and a yellow naped amazon

Charlie

Hi I got a question about last July I adopted a yellow naped amazon parrot from this older gentleman he was very afraid of the bird, telling me don't put my face near him. But I decided to adopt him anyway. He was a very sweet bird very good talker but about 2 weeks ago he bite my lip and made me bleed. I'm know afaid of charlie I'm looking to surrender him somewhere so he don't hurt anyone else. I live in louisana I don't see any places I can bring him to. Can someone please help me and let me know what I can do. Thank you god bless

Parrots

Glenn, Indian Ringneck; Sherman, White-capped Pionus; JoJo, Budgie; Tommy, Budgie; Sir Lancelot, Yellow-side Greencheek; Daytona, Sun Conure
    Where in LA?
    We have a vet appointment in Shreveport next week. How is he with other birds? Do you know his approximate age?

Parrots

Hi I don't know if u got my other message charlie is about 27 or 28 yrs old I don't know how he is with other birds but he is good with dogs and cats I have a pomeranian and charlie don't care or look at her. I also have a cat and charlie don't care either about her. I live about an hour out of baton Rouge around hammond area or tangiphona area. He is free I just looking for a excellent home for him, he is a excellent talker he loves to laugh when I take him out he has a stick like one u have in a cage he loves to hang upside down on it. He is a lover but I'm am afaid of him, I have a indian ringneck that stays at my mom house I live next store to her I live on a 10 acres so that's why my ringneck stays over there. If u have any other questions about charlie please contact me I putting a photo of charlie on this message so u can see him. Thank you and god bless

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170608_180909.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	5197

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Before you think of rehoming him yet again, please think about what it might mean for "Charlie". I know that you will be quite frightened of him, since he bit you. However, you adopted one of the three hot amazons. When they are hormonal, they can bite. There are ways to manage his behaviour. This is breeding season for most parrots. They become sexually frustrated and will have negative behaviors. For now, never let him on your shoulder. We can help you understand his behaviour better if you want to keep him. This recent biting behaviour won't happen all the time, you just have to understand his signals to you.

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (05-26-2018), Quakerella (05-27-2018)

Parrots

Thank u for the info but I will be rehomeing him. Thanks again

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    zoeybabby77: Is there any reason that you've created a second member account? You started this thread as Zoeylove77 and then returned to reply as zoeybabby77. Please let me know.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

Yes I forget I was on this site before so when I registered I put in my other email, that's all thanks

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by zoeybabby77 View Post
    Yes I forget I was on this site before so when I registered I put in my other email, that's all thanks
    Thank you. I've merged your Zoeylove77 account into your zoeybabby77 account. The Zoeylove77 account thus no longer exists. The single post you made from it is now owned by your zoeybabby77 account.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

Glenn, Indian Ringneck; Sherman, White-capped Pionus; JoJo, Budgie; Tommy, Budgie; Sir Lancelot, Yellow-side Greencheek; Daytona, Sun Conure
    I ask about other birds because a 7yo female WCP is currently in quarantine, a budgie is in my room, a 15mo GCC his bff a 15mo Sun is coming in late June. There is a fourth bedroom that can be used for quarantine.
    Charlie needs to meet me and I him to know it's a suitable match.
    Since you are in the "toe of the boot" and I'm in AR, it would be best for me to come bring my bird home from Shreveport and drive down another day. Are you available? Does Charlie ride without getting carsick? Does Charlie have his own cages and toys? What time frame are we talking?

Parrots

Hi yes charlie rides good in the car when I got him the older gentleman put charlie in a box to go home in all he did was talk he did very good in the car. Yes he does have a cage but he doesn't play with toys because of the older gentleman didn't know how to take care of charlie. He has 1 toy that came with him I got him a sand perch and a sand rock, I tried toys but he doesn't play. When hes out of his cage he loves pets and don't get down, he loves looking out the window. He likes raw peanuts he loves graham crackers and gold fish. What ever time frame is good for u I can meet u have way if u like. Thank u lyn