User Tag List

Thread: Budgie Layed egg this morning -- Poor thing

Parrots

Angel - Cockatiel Crystal - Budgie Kiwi - Budgie

Budgie Layed egg this morning -- Poor thing

My yellow keet layed an egg this morning. she has been very aggressive and pissed off last few months and I think i now no why.
    But my concern is not that the egg is out.. what is next.
    what do i do with the egg?
    4 now the egg is in a dish in the cage with tissue. if she tends 2 it great. if not then oh well. Im not going to go 2 extreme lengths 2 tend 2 her egg. I dont even now if its a dud or not.
    I am more concerned with crystal.
    how will this turn out 4 crystal. will there be more eggs?
    help me out plz.. i nvr been in this situation.
    Angel
    Crystal
    Kiwi

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    If she is tending to it, I would let her as might continue laying to replace it if you take it. I don't know much about budgies, but I would wait to see if she lays another in the next day or two. Make sure she has extra calcium at this time. You can use cuttlebone. You can grate some in her food. Try a finely chopped almond as well.
    In order to try and curb her laying, put her to bed earlier, 12 hours of sleep in a darkened room. Cover her if necessary.

3. The following user likes this post:

Lady (05-21-2018)

Parrots

Angel - Cockatiel Crystal - Budgie Kiwi - Budgie
    ok, thx. i will do. nvr thought i would need to buy the false eggs, but i might need 2 now lol
    Angel
    Crystal
    Kiwi

5. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-20-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Helena is correct to say she will more than likely lay another egg if you remove them. Dummy eggs are handy as you don't want the real eggs to rot. Calcium supplement is needed, chopped almonds, egg with shell cuttlebone are all perfect.

7. The following user likes this post:

Lady (05-26-2018)