User Tag List

Thread: Hello from AR

Parrots

Glenn, Indian Ringneck; Sherman, White-capped Pionus; JoJo, Budgie; Tommy, Budgie; Sir Lancelot, Yellow-side Greencheek; Daytona, Sun Conure

Hello from AR

My tiny but growing flock includes a Blue Lineated Parakeet named JoJo, a White-capped Pionus named Sherman, and in about 6 weeks both a GCC named Sir Lancelot and Sun Conure named Daytona will be joining us. I frequently have referred to this as the "Summer of Quarantine."
    Adoption is my preference. Trust may take longer and adoption is not for everyone but, it works for me! Adoption saves lives. Sherman is a previously abused 7-year-old female currently in quarantine, while Sir and Daytona are both males and will join us at 15 months each. The conures grew up together and are buddies. Their owner is moving. Her pretty furniture got too noisy for her. HAHA I've gotten to visit them a few times already.

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-14-2018)

Parrots

Glenn, Indian Ringneck; Sherman, White-capped Pionus; JoJo, Budgie; Tommy, Budgie; Sir Lancelot, Yellow-side Greencheek; Daytona, Sun Conure
    It's amazing how many members I recognize from Avian Avenue! I'm fairly new to the parrot forum world despite having birds for years and growing up with birds. Can anyone recommend some other places for actual insights?

I chose agriculture and animal anatomy in college because we were always cattlemen. I'm the first row cropper in a long line of cattle ranchers. I learned to ride a horse before learning to drive my Ditchwitch and then my first car was a truck. HAHA We rented a car for my driver's test (which I promptly failed because I'd never driven an automatic before).

4. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-14-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum Leslie! It's wonderful of you to adopt older birds. They will give you years of adventures and joy.

As to insights, hmmm....lots of reading helps but your experiences with your birds will give you the most insight. I have learned more by living with my birds as well as reading up on them. I also value other people's experiences as well.

Please post some pics, we'd love to see them!

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Hi Leslie and Welcome. Sounds like you are going to have a house full. I am happy to hear you Quarantine, many don't. Better to be safe.

Looking forward to hearing many tales and seeing some pics.

7. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-15-2018)

Parrots

Sorry, I don't know how to put on pics. Can anyone tell me how?
    Since Chloe and George died, only JoJo and Sherman live here. The conures, Sir and Daytona, don't arrive until the end of June. My flock is, again, tiny. There are only three of us now.

9. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-15-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    There is a post on how to upload pics in the technical support forum. It will be a lot easier for you to check that out than me trying to explain it. I am not tech savvy...lol

Parrots

I pretend to be tech savvy but obviously am not. The instructions in the Help & Support forum didn't work so, I've asked for help and hopefully will get it soon. I really want to show off my babies!