User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sooo ummmm

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure

Sooo ummmm

Offda so you all know im having rough times well things have gotten worse a friend of mine came to see me wich was great got me away from all the stress for a couple days o man so much fun was had. We went to a roller sakting rink and i ended up i fl more then once the last time i fell we left as i thought i had sprained my ankle well the next moring ot looked bad so he took me to urgent care even tho he had to leave latter that day its a good thing he did because i actually have a nondisplaced fracture of the lateral malleolus of my right fibula as well as a closed fracture im reallying stressing im in the middle of loosing the place i live i was just putting in tons of hrs to try and keep this place now i cant do any of that im alone and i cant do much for myself and im complleatly broke lucky is almost out of food idk what to do i dont have anyone here for me so i need a place to let this all off my chest many friends of mine are trying to convinc me to sell the boys and i really dont want to one lucky is mean i dont think anyone would take him all this is breaking my heart im mentaly not ok emotionaly not ok now physical not ok im so sad and i dont know what to do to fix any of this these bords mean the world to me if i dont heal up and find a job soon idk if i can care for them its breaking my heart ive tryed so hard this last past year my husband has been locked up and still have till november. Also i have no power or heat amd its offfly cold in the am and pms and im not sure if its bad for the birds sry for the long all over the place post im just going tru so much and i dont have any family or many friends not ones that understand the way i feel for them and love them.so much

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180110_112814.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	5181Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180219_140948.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	5182
    Last edited by luckyandjenn; 04-20-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Oh Jen....so sorry to hear about this. For right now, could you contact a parrot shelter to see if they would foster your boys until you get on your feet? You could write up up a contract with them. I don't know what is available in the US, what about social services for temporary support? A women's shelter to see what resources they might be able to direct you to?

3. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-21-2018), Lady (04-23-2018), Quakerella (04-23-2018)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    I too am sorry to hear about your situation, Jenn. If you've not already done so, you might want to apply for SSI benefits. If someone agrees to take and care for your birds temporarily, beyond your belief that they may be a great friend, PLEASE be sure as well that they are genuinely trustworthy and that they understand what a responsibility it will be to care for your guys! Also, if you contact me privately I will be happy to arrange to have some bird food sent your way.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

5. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-21-2018), Dragonlady2 (04-20-2018), Lady (04-23-2018), Quakerella (04-23-2018)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Oh Jen....so sorry to hear about this. For right now, could you contact a parrot shelter to see if they would foster your boys until you get on your feet? You could write up up a contract with them. I don't know what is available in the US, what about social services for temporary support? A women's shelter to see what resources they might be able to direct you to?
    I dont think we have bird shelters or rescues here for the boys ill be looking into ssi as idk how long ill be off this foot and as far as shelters I dont think id get much help im so overwhelemed and have no support ill fugire things out I always do

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    I too am sorry to hear about your situation, Jenn. If you've not already done so, you might want to apply for SSI benefits. If someone agrees to take and care for your birds temporarily, beyond your belief that they may be a great friend, PLEASE be sure as well that they are genuinely trustworthy and that they understand what a responsibility it will be to care for your guys! Also, if you contact me privately I will be happy to arrange to have some bird food sent your way.
    Ill be looking into ssi all the other times ive tryed for it I got denied maybe now with a broken ankle they would work and yes the friends id have watch them are very trust worthy and her husband loves birds and they have met lucky sry I didnt get back yesterday im in a crappy mood nothing is going right im so sick of fighting I wish things would go right for once

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Jen I am so sorry to hear all this, I am not of much help here as I really don't know what services are available in the US. I do hope you find comfort happiness soon. Is there a pet store close buy that you normally buy your food from. Maybe they could help with food. I know sometimes here they sell things off cheap if the packaging is damaged.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Wow this is a tough situation. What about public assistance, have you tried them? They require a lot of paperwork but I understand that they can give medical help and assist with food. In some situations they can help with bills too.
    I'll keep all of you in prayer.

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Wow this is a tough situation. What about public assistance, have you tried them? They require a lot of paperwork but I understand that they can give medical help and assist with food. In some situations they can help with bills too.
    I have food stamps and as of now nothing is in my name so i cant recive help with bills and such im more so worried about the cold and the boys ill fugire things out i always do but ya my lifes shot im not happy at all and if it wernt for the pets i would have just given up a long long time ago

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Pet store down here dont have stuff for birds nothing healthy anyway im in a ****ty susitition and idk how to fix it or make things go the right way and i have no family or friends to help its always been me againt the dam world and i tend to loose alot

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Jenn,
    Hang in there, I know we all are hoping things will get better for you soon.

13. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-30-2018), Dragonlady2 (04-29-2018)