User Tag List

Thread: Human imperfections that need preening

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.

Human imperfections that need preening

Casper tries to remove scabs from cuts and grazes, I try and tell him that it won't get better if he picks it but he is relentless.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-09-2018), kendrafitz (04-21-2018), LesliesBabies (05-19-2018), PlaxMacaws (04-25-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    My Crimson Bellied conure does the same....he even tries to make his own. I am constantly redirecting him from preening me too hard. What we put up with for our birds...lol

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-21-2018), LesliesBabies (05-19-2018), PlaxMacaws (04-25-2018)

Parrots

Pickle- Green Cheek Conure, Wall-E- Black Capped Conure
    Both of mine always pick at everything! They try to get my freckles on my arms or the webbings of my fingers. I also have a tattoo on one of my fingers and they try to get that too. They really love to preen my hair. Pickle and Wall-E are always on my head. The first thing in the morning when I get them out for breakfast Wall-E has to preen my head. Like I have to lean down for her to get it.

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-21-2018), Dragonlady2 (04-20-2018), LesliesBabies (05-19-2018), PlaxMacaws (04-25-2018)

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Omg yes its so annoying and theyll go back to the same spot no matter how many times you move them chewie the conure is notorious for doing it lucky the big mac not so much

8. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-25-2018), Dragonlady2 (04-25-2018), LesliesBabies (05-19-2018), PlaxMacaws (04-25-2018)

Parrots

Glenn, Indian Ringneck; Sherman, White-capped Pionus; JoJo, Budgie; Tommy, Budgie; Sir Lancelot, Yellow-side Greencheek; Daytona, Sun Conure
    Chloe picked at scabs and always wanted to groom my eyelashes.

10. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-18-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I don't let any of my birds near my eyes...you just never know. If Pepper gets spooked while he is preening me, he automatically bites me

12. The following user likes this post:

LesliesBabies (05-19-2018)

Parrots

Glenn, Indian Ringneck; Sherman, White-capped Pionus; JoJo, Budgie; Tommy, Budgie; Sir Lancelot, Yellow-side Greencheek; Daytona, Sun Conure
    Luckily, Chloe was a small PGCC. Her response to being spooked was to hide... even if that meant climbing down my shirt.

14. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-18-2018)

Parrots

Pickle- Green Cheek Conure, Wall-E- Black Capped Conure
    My pickle gets to preen my eyelashes because she's sweet about it and very gentle but my wall-E is a bitter so I try to keep her on my arms or my head to preen those spots instead.

16. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-31-2018)