User Tag List

Thread: Great place, Great birds.

Parrots

Budgie named "Dobi"

Great place, Great birds.

So my fiance and I were up in Pigeon Forge TN. We found this place called "Parrot mountain". They had allot of birds just hanging out, many that you could hold and interact with. We spent a good amount of time running around the facility and learned a good bit about many of the bird species there.

Then we found the nursery....

They had a ton of baby birds that they hand feed and hand rear for you to talk to play and interact with (around weaning age). We hadn't been planning on getting a bird and even we had decided that we werent... Until we went inside. We played with tons of little birds including Conures, IRN's, Macaws, Cockatoos, and Caiques.
    That's when this one little white belly caique just strolls up to me so I pick him up, and he doesn't want to go down. I gave him over to my fiance and said "here take this". I spent another hour in the nursery playing with baby birds, and she spent it playing with him... Thus we ended up getting the little guy. He's still on formula but they showed us how to feed him, and now he's climbing all over me preening my hair and shirt while I type. (Any advice on Caique training will be heard).

If you ever find yourself in the are of Pigeon Forge and want to see birds CHECK THIS PLACE OUT!
    If you're willing to travel to get a bird I also recommend going here. The babies here are highly socialized, hand-fed/hand-reared, and fairly priced.

http://www.parrotmountainandgardens.com/

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-02-2017), kendrafitz (10-05-2017), Lady (10-06-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    It sounds like you were chosen by him, always the best way
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-02-2017), Lady (10-06-2017), Quakerella (10-04-2017)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

Great place, Great birds.

Parrot Mountain is a favorite of mine. We have been a few times, it is great.

George is the cuddliest M2 ever and is really the reason we ended up with a parrot.

Did you see the golden conure while you were in the nursery? I fell head over heels for that baby. Although it’s been a while, so he/she may be out of the nursery now.

Congratulations on your new baby. I don’t know anything about caiques other than they are funny. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-05-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-05-2017), Lady (10-06-2017), Quakerella (10-05-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    I have never heard of it; sounds like an awesome place to visit.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Oh it does sound like a wonderful place. It surely is one I need to stay away from or I too would want to bring home a baby or two. Congrats on your new little one. What did you name him?

9. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-06-2017)

Parrots

Katie- 23 yr old Catalina Macaw
    Sounds like paradise to me Congrats on your new baby!!! Any photos?? ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk