User Tag List

Thread: allergies? there just weird.

Parrots

Angel - Cockatiel Crystal - Budgie Kiwi - Budgie

Question allergies? there just weird.

growing up i had asthma rly bad. they actually thought i was going 2 die, as a young kid. Ive been on and off prednisione and inhalers, nebulizers ect. all my life treating asthma.
    My childhood home had several pets, which included many dogs even more cats, few pet rodents, only a couple birds.
    i moved/ was kicked out at 18 yrs old, and have have birds since, and im now 26 yrs old. so since 18yrs to 26 yrs (8 years) i have owned birds, and birds only. I just in the last couple years found out through testing that im very allergic to cats and dogs. and simply going over 2 a friends house that has a dog, I have break out in an attack.

I just find it so weird, because i wasn't that allergic before, but now im so sensitive. of course bird dander doesn't bother me.
    Angel
    Crystal
    Kiwi

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hello Hope and welcome to PP, I see you have put up lots of pics of your birds which is fantastic.
    It seems quite logical to me that you has asthma as a child because of the furry creatures in your house but as soon as you moved out you only need the inhaler when visiting other houses which have furry animals. You are allergic to fur not feathers
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

3. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-07-2018), Lady (04-11-2018), SparklyBirdPoo (04-08-2018)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Hello Hope and welcome to PP, I see you have put up lots of pics of your birds which is fantastic.
    It seems quite logical to me that you has asthma as a child because of the furry creatures in your house but as soon as you moved out you only need the inhaler when visiting other houses which have furry animals. You are allergic to fur not feathers
    Sounds logical. When I was 1st born. My bio family did a lot of cigarette smoking. Then put in family with tons of pets. Lol

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    Angel
    Crystal
    Kiwi

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-08-2018), Dragonlady2 (04-07-2018)

Parrots

I always thought that people with allergies were wimps until I became gluten intolerant

7. The following user likes this post:

SparklyBirdPoo (04-08-2018)

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Im also have cronic asthama was told im cats dander amd all sorts of weird stuff wont stop me from having my pets lol i am owned by a cat a whole flock of chickens 2 dogs and 2 birbs

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-08-2018), SparklyBirdPoo (04-08-2018)

Parrots

I've known people without dogs who got asthma when visiting people with dogs but then got over it when they got a dog of their own. Strange but true.

11. The following user likes this post:

SparklyBirdPoo (04-08-2018)

Parrots

yea, my wife is very allergic to wheat. not the gluten like many people are. she is allergic the the actual wheat itself. so we have to buy rice pasta, and yes we buy a lot of gluten free products, because they normally use rice flour, or another to substitute that wheat flour. there r so many names for the same darn thing. wheat is also called duram, bulgar, semolima, ect
    My wife will stop breathing if she eats anything with wheat products.
    My and my wife both r allergic to cats and dogs, so feather butts worked great as a companion for us.
    I cant believe how long we have had our crystal, since 2011. even though shes getting older. She better not leave us. I would be so devastated!
    Angel
    Crystal
    Kiwi

13. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-08-2018)