User Tag List

Thread: hello , new member

Parrots

Angel - Cockatiel Crystal - Budgie Kiwi - Budgie

Post hello , new member

hey new member my name is hope. I have 3 fids. I posted a separate forum concerning my birds feet int the health section. Im pretty worried about it.
    anyways, I'm rly glad 2 be here, i will probeby be spending a lot of time here as my day is often filled with the though of what am i going 2 do now?
    then i go 2 open the fridge XD
    so it will be nice to focus my attention on something other than the fridge contents.
    yes, im sure u guessed by now. im a big gurl w/ them curves. and every time i go to the dr. i get that weight talk lol but the way i feel is life is too ****ty and short to not enjoy lifes good points. same with my birds
    I no i no, everyone says ur bird needs 2 eat only zepreem, or chop, ect ect. my fids eat a mixture of foods. they have table scraps, that often include veggie and fruit btw. they love rice and egg. ceral, icecream, omg chineese fried rice, my bird will fight u for that stuff lol

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-07-2018), Dragonlady2 (04-07-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Welcome to Precisely Parrots, its lovely to have you here. I'm not sure what diet your birds are supposed to be on but just a complete diet like zupreme doesn't cut it for me... so keep up with the variety.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-07-2018), PlaxMacaws (04-07-2018), SparklyBirdPoo (04-08-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum! My birds want to have what I eat as well, but I am super cautious due to them not being able to digest certain foods well, such as milk. Variety is important in a bird's diet, however, fresh food like veggies and fruit, along with pellets, is probably best. We can't see what is happening to their insides, like their liver, until it's too late and they need medical attention.
    Looking forward to hearing some stories about your birds

6. The following 2 users like this post:

PlaxMacaws (04-07-2018), SparklyBirdPoo (04-08-2018)

Parrots

I buy them a seed diet. wild harvest daily blend.
    I separately buy lafabers products, thats the only high quality product I can get them to eat.
    I bought and tried the brand roudybush. they like the oatmeal like treat they have. but don't even touch the pellets.
    and yes, everyday several times a day, they get parts of our meals.
    I am also cautious to a degree. I have a list on my fridge on toxic foods. Avocado, onion, garlic, caffeine, celery, mushroom, ect...
    we always make sure whatever is on that list to not let them have those.
    i no that milk is not that great 4 them, i mean i have asthma its not even good for me, lol ... but in moderation i think its ok.
    Angel
    Crystal
    Kiwi

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    When Casper needs Metacam we mix it in oatmeal porridge, yoghurt or soya custard, all of which he loves.
    You can buy Metacam online but its not cheap and you don't need that much, which is why I thought it would be best to try and get some from someone with a dog.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

9. The following user likes this post:

SparklyBirdPoo (04-08-2018)

Parrots

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20180408_13_12_32_Pro.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	5169

i have been using a couple pinchs of this with water, and the medication. and feed it to her with a syringe.
    Angel
    Crystal
    Kiwi

11. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-08-2018)