User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please contribute to give this bird a home

Hybrid View

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus

Please contribute to give this bird a home

this is a go fund me to raise the funds to remove this cockatoo from a rescue to a forever home. This request is on behalf of this person. We are only trying to help make it happen.
    I'm not super good with computers so here's the information.
    The fundraiser is Let's give Cricket a home
    Fundraiser by Elaine Wilson-MacDougall

Please visit the fundraising page at:

Let's Give Cricket A FOREVER home
    Last edited by Cedardave; 03-17-2018 at 10:12 PM.
    "Ivo"

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Is there any other information? Maybe we can track the go-fund-me page through a facebook page. How did you find out about Cricket?

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    There is information on our Facebook page. Balanduk's Exotic Birds Winnipeg. The story is best told on the gofundme.com page however. The information we have is from another Canadian page in which the owner of the page knows this person. She happened upon this cockatoo who took to her right away. She has the skills and knowledge to care for such a bird, but the $1000 adoption fee was out of her reach. So it was suggested to try gofundme. I support her efforts and she. Currently sits $270 from the goal. She has been approved by the rescue...so it's just a matter of reaching the goal. Anyone who wants to go to our Facebook page is welcome. Be aware for those of you that aren't...we are breeders and offer behavioral and nutritional education as well we take in the occasional bird in need. We have a couple Macaws from the World Parrot Refuge by way of someone who adopted them and passed. I would appreciate any judgements on those who breed birds be kept off our page please. There are few quality breeders in Canada. We have a very solid high rating from the provincial vet and care deeply for our birds.
    If I was more skilled at the computer I would have put a direct link here...sadly I'm not. Anyone who has the skills is more than welcome to add the live link if they wish.
    Last edited by Cedardave; 03-17-2018 at 11:26 PM.
    "Ivo"

4. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-18-2018)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedardave View Post
    If I was more skilled at the computer I would have put a direct link here...sadly I'm not. Anyone who has the skills is more than welcome to add the live link if they wish.
    I've added the Cricket gofundme link to your original post, Dave.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-18-2018)

Parrots

Thank you... iPad +old guy= help
    "Ivo"

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-18-2018), Dragonlady2 (03-18-2018), PlaxMacaws (03-18-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Dave, do you know these people personally, what happens if not enough money is donated? How do we know when the target is reached?
    I am also old and have been ripped off before but am more than willing to give if it is genuine.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Parrots

I know of these people from a friend and they are indeed legitimate. I'm not entirely sure how the go fund me works. She's very close to the goal... hopefully she will get there.
    "Ivo"

11. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-20-2018)

Parrots

It would be brilliant if Cricket was on PP with his own thread

13. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-25-2018)

Parrots

When I checked the account it had reached 730.00 so I made that up to 750.00. From what I understand all this money is going to a rescue centre about whom I have no information. From where I am sitting there is a lack of clarity in this whole procedure. Does Cricket have a web page or blog (if there is just a Facebook page I will get my son to check it out) so we can follow his adventure?
    I am not happy about the way this is being done but I do know that Dave is a good person so have gone with his call.

Parrots

I've just been reading the gofund me page.
    Just run this by me again... the rescue home that the poor birdy is at gave the little fellow to a couple who kept him for a whole twelve hours and then returned him because he was a) noisy and b) bit the husband. What were they thinking? Were they just after the money? Did they do due diligence before letting him out of their sight? Did they give the couple a refund when they took him back? I hope not and I hope they give the lady who is trying to raise the money a suitable discount.
    But don't let this put anyone else off donating because this bird needs to be in a loving home and anything over the bag* will help with his support bills.

*bag definition: cockney rhyming slang, bag is short for "bag of sand" which rhymes with "a grand" which is US slang for one thousand dollars from the American underworld of 1915. Isn't language diverse and wonderful?

16. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-25-2018)