User Tag List

Thread: Birds and bells

Hybrid View

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.

Birds and bells

What is it with birds and their bells? Presently, Pepper is getting it on with his bell and Willy is regurgitating on his. Pepper loves sticking his head under/in his bell as well.

2. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-08-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    I had a budgie when I was young and I always remember him wearing his bell as a hat. They do seem to love them.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-08-2018), Dragonlady2 (03-05-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    LOL sure would love to see some pic's of them enjoying their bells!

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-08-2018), Dragonlady2 (03-07-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    My conures' pic would be x-rated....lol. It's one of those cylinder bells and he hangs upside down on it like a bat.

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-08-2018), Lady (03-11-2018), Quakerella (04-23-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Haha Batbird... have you got a Robin?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-08-2018), Lady (03-11-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Nope....no Robin. Has Casper shown any interest in bells? Most of my birds have a favourite toy that makes some kind of noise.

12. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-08-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    A bell was all he had for many years shut in a tiny cage. We thought he might appreciate some different stuff but maybe he would like it back.
    His fave toy is an empty water bottle that he chases around the room on the floor, sometimes tossing it in the air or holding the open end with one foot and bashing it with his beak. It has done wonders for his fitness levels. Only a fool would try to get between him and the bottle
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

14. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-09-2018), Lady (03-11-2018), Quakerella (03-13-2018)

Parrots

Pickle- Green Cheek Conure, Wall-E- Black Capped Conure
    My Pickle hates the bells! She attacks them and throws them from her. My Wall-E on the other hand lovers the bells and loves to chew on the hammer. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5327.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	5177 This is Wall-E with her bell. It's possibly my most favorite picture of her.

16. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-09-2018), Dragonlady2 (04-09-2018), Lady (04-11-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Pepper does the same thing as Wall-E with clappers. Must be a conure thing...none of my other birds do it.

Parrots

Pickle- Green Cheek Conure, Wall-E- Black Capped Conure
    Very possible. My conures love anything shiny but only Wall-E likes the ones that make noise.

19. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-20-2018)