User Tag List

Thread: Love that she can fly serious dilemma about wing clipping

Threaded View

Parrots

Lorikeet named Lady Bird

Love that she can fly serious dilemma about wing clipping

Hello internet people,

This is my first time posting to a forum ever. I have an amazing Lori named Lady bird which I just found out is in fact a lady (phew). When I bought her her wings were clipped. I have spent the last five months watching very excitedly as she has gained the ability to fly. She doesn't have all her feathers yet but she's flying around like she's being doing it all her life. I also have a wonderful dog named Winston and a large garden door named very scary. I have to let Winston out of said door to go into my yard. Lady has been getting closer and closer to this door and I am terrified that she is going to fly out of it.

Lori's seem to be pretty will full so I don't know how much success I will have in training her not to go through the door. I live in Israel which is a country that seems to have a cat obsession. So in my garden at any one time there could be three cats just waiting for a tasty Lori snack. She did get away once in the garden and was nearly eaten.

I want to hear what you as the internet think I should do. Is this a situation in which wing clipping is the right way to go? Or do you see something else as being a better option.

Please help!

Lady's Lady

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (03-02-2018)