Hello! This is my first post, so I hope I am doing it right. I adopted a Blue Fronted about 8 years ago from a local rescue, her name is Petunia. She has never been a "people" bird. She has always been rather aggressive, but after a couple months and a lot of patience, she decided I was ok and we became great friends. Due to my mothers declining health, 6 years ago Petunia, her brother dog and I moved in with my mother so I could help her out. After about 3 years, Petunia decided she was in love with my mother and pretty much wanted me to die. We learned to coexist, as long as I didn't go near my mom or attempt any contact with Petunia (other than feeding and cleaning the cage) she would usually allow me to enter the living room. There was always the threat of a dive-bomb attack when i walked by, but normally she would be ok. All mom would have to do was say "Ok pickle, time to go nite-nite" and Petunia would go in her cage. Until she decided she hated me, she would listen to me and go back to her cage at night as well. 2 weeks ago, my mother had a stroke and was left with fairly significant vascular dementia. She no longer remembers the bird, the house or anything really. Petunia simply will not allow me (or anyone for that matter) to go near my mother. This is a real problem since mom needs help with almost everything. I did make the mistake of letting the bird out of her cage once mom came home, which resulted in the bird attacking me (she flew at me, landed on the back of my head, grabbed my hair with her feet and proceeded to bite the crap out of my scalp). Then, it took almost 4 hours to get her back in the cage. Currently she does not have her wings clipped. I stopped clipping them shortly after I got her b/c even with them clipped, she was a sturdy flyer and having them clipped didn't seem to make a difference. Typically, in the mornings I would feed and clean the cage and she would come out. She normally would hop up on my arm and let me pet her head for a few minutes, then she would go to her play stand and wait for mom to wake up. Once mom was in the living room, Petunia would just hang out with mom until mom told her to go nite-nite. Now, I can't let her out b/c not only does she attack me, she won't willingly go back for me. I don't want her to live the rest of her life in her cage, but I don't want to get bit either. Any advice on how I can get past this with her?