User Tag List

Thread: Wisconsinite Checking In

Parrots

Riley (pied male) Bailey (pearl female)

Wisconsinite Checking In

My name is Elizabeth, but my closest friends tend to call me Liz.

I currently reside in SE WI.

I share my home with 2 cockatiels, Riley, a pied tiel, and Bailey, a pearl tiel. Riley's going to turn 9 on the 25th of the month and Bailey turns 7 on the 4th of March, exactly 1 week after Riley celebrates his hatch day.

Riley came to me via the now defunct Petfinder Classifieds (his owners, professional photographers, re-homed him because they found him to be too noisy) and Bailey is from a local breeder.

In addition to the cockatiels, I have 2 dogs: a 5½-year-old white and black Phalène (drop-eared Papillon) named Dane and an 11-year-old white and red sable Papillon named Leia (Lay-ah). Both are rescues. Dane was adopted from PapAdopters (he's actually a foster failure) and Leia was adopted from PapHaven.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-04-2018), Dragonlady2 (02-04-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum Elizabeth! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures with Riley and Bailey. Post some pics when you have time....we love pics.

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hello and welcome to you and your flock. Now that you have found us I hope you can stay awhile and share your adventures with your birds.
    I am many time zones distant from you in old England, a bit further east than New England
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Welcome to the forum Elizabeth! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures with Riley and Bailey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Hello and welcome to you and your flock. Now that you have found us I hope you can stay awhile and share your adventures with your birds.
    Thanks. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Post some pics when you have time....we love pics.
    Sure. I'd love to show them off.

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-04-2018), Dragonlady2 (02-05-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Elizabeth,

Nice to meet you and your animal family. How wonderful that your babies are mostly rescues.I had a Papillon once upon a time. He has long since passed but was one of the cutest little dogs I ever saw, so full of love of life and energy.
    I too am looking forward to hearing (and seeing) all about Riley and Bailey .

8. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-05-2018)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Nice to meet you and your animal family. How wonderful that your babies are mostly rescues.
    Thank you.

I've also been involved in rescue work myself.

I had a Papillon once upon a time. He has long since passed but was one of the cutest little dogs I ever saw, so full of love of life and energy.
    I grew up with German Shepherds and have also owned several Keeshonden as well.

I've come to really like Papillons though and am not sure I'd ever want any other breed. They're such a terrific little dog.

I too am looking forward to hearing (and seeing) all about Riley and Bailey .
    Sure thing. I've already posted their photos so everyone can see my lovely fids.

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-05-2018), Lady (02-07-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Welcome Elizabeth. I, as well, am looking forward to hearing all the tales of Riley and Bailey. I am sure you are kept busy, and amused.

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Quakerella View Post
    Welcome Elizabeth. I, as well, am looking forward to hearing all the tales of Riley and Bailey. I am sure you are kept busy, and amused.
    Busy, yes. Amused, yes.

And there are times I'm even annoyed thanks to Riley. He knows how to push my buttons when he wants to and he seems to like doing it.

Bailey, on the other hand, knows she has to stay on her momma's good side. She never annoys me. She knows better.

Don't get me wrong, I love them both to death but I can't dispute the fact Bailey is the really well-behaved one.

13. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-06-2018), Dragonlady2 (02-06-2018), Lady (02-07-2018), Quakerella (02-14-2018)