User Tag List

Thread: Green Cheek Conure Temperature Needs?

Green Cheek Conure Temperature Needs?

I'm thinking about getting a Green Cheeked Conure but I just want to know what room temperature I can put the cage into. Also, My mother had a bird too but the bird died in 2 years and she thinks that it was because we live at the countryside so the temperature changes in our house really weirdly. Like 1 day its 21 and the other day it might be 23. Is the temperature changing that dangerous to birds? I just wanna know if I can have a bird of if I have to move into the city... (My mother doesn't know how old the bird was when she got it. It might've been just old)

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-29-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum! I am not familiar with how your temperature is recorded in your country. Is it Celsius or Fahrenheit?
    Although Parrots can be pretty resilient regarding temperature, generally, around 65-70 degrees Fahrenheit is optimum. The issue is drafts. Cold drafts on a bird can make it ill and potentially kill it.

4. The following user likes this post:

Lady (01-31-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    America - Fahrenheit, Rest of World - Celsius
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-30-2018), Lady (01-31-2018), Quakerella (02-05-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    America - Fahrenheit, Rest of World - Celsius
    Lol....shows how confusing it is for us old folks! I still ask for my meat from the butcher in pounds, not grams.

8. The following user likes this post:

Quakerella (02-05-2018)

It is in Celsius. I thought that maybe my mother's bird died from a disease or maybe a diet issue?
    Last edited by Silveranzii; 01-30-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Before you get your conure, you could research what conures require as a diet so you can find out if the food is available where you live. Fresh foods, pellets and some seed is essential to meet all the dietary requirements. As to disease...find out where your closest Avian vet is and learn to recognize signs of distress/illness in birds.

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (01-31-2018), Quakerella (02-05-2018)