User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Darwin, Aus.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Looking at your pictures again, it looks like only one wing is clipped? I know that there are some who feel that clipping one wing is acceptable, but in my opinion, it destabilizes the bird. You said he is attempting to fly? If he only has one good wing, he will be off balance, making it difficult for him. When he has his molt, he may regain some flight feathers in the clipped wing, balancing him somewhat.
    He does look like a mischievous little devil.

2. The following user likes this post:

acidlinktest (01-29-2018)

Parrots

Blue Crested Lorikeet (6-3months old as of 23/01/18)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Hi Jamie,
    Welcome to P.P. Zazu is beautiful. Looking forward to hearing about all the fun you will be having with your new forever friend! How did you come by him?
    I got him a pet store here for $450aud. Had the option of Zazu, who was alone in his cage but seemed to like me a lot, or to get a fully coloured Rainbow Lorikeet for $250 from a breeder somewhere out rural. Glad I got Zazu, plus the rest of those colours he doesn't have show in his personality for sure haha

4. The following user likes this post:

Lady (01-31-2018)

Parrots

Blue Crested Lorikeet (6-3months old as of 23/01/18)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Looking at your pictures again, it looks like only one wing is clipped? I know that there are some who feel that clipping one wing is acceptable, but in my opinion, it destabilizes the bird. You said he is attempting to fly? If he only has one good wing, he will be off balance, making it difficult for him. When he has his molt, he may regain some flight feathers in the clipped wing, balancing him somewhat.
    He does look like a mischievous little devil.
    Yeah just one, the pet store had clipped just the one wing. I see what you mean about the balance, Hopefully I can train him well enough to not have to clip them at all haha If I do clip his wings i'll be sure to make it even and both wings haha

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-29-2018), Lady (01-31-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Our birds are the same, jewellery must be removed or it will get destroyed. Yoshi pulled the pin (how you change the time) out of the side of my husbands watch. For such tiny creatures they heave one heck of a strong beak.

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-05-2018), Dragonlady2 (02-05-2018), Lady (02-07-2018)