Thread: Is spring on the way?

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Winter weather advisory here for tomorrow

2. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-07-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Time to resurrect this thread
    It was sunny all day today and is forecast to be the same tomorrow. It was also WARM and Casper spent time this afternoon in the Magnolia tree responding to the voices of the passing schoolchildren and having a sort of conversation with a blackbird. The black bird would twitter a few bars of lovely tune to which Casper would reply 'eh-eh-ugh' and 'Georgie Porgie Pie'.
    The Magnolia tree has really suffered from the frost earlier in the year. Last year it had wonderful flowers before the leaves came but this year there are only a few and they don't look too good.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-18-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    We have snow here...what a pita. The robins are back, but it's hard to get any worms from snow covered ground.
    My magnolia tree is looking pretty sad too. At least Casper was able to enjoy the weather.

6. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-19-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Strangely, the magnolia trees about four miles away in the town looked magnificent about a week ago. I suppose it must be a couple of degrees warmer there without the wind burn. Today was the hottest April day since 1949 in the UK. I expect it will be cold and raining by the beginning of May when we will be getting the floppytop Saab out of the barn and taxing it for six months on the road.
    Casper had a nice couple of hours out in the Magnolia tree before something spooked him so I brought him indoors. Not sure what spooked him, the only things I could see that might have caused him concern was a jackdaw on the roof ridge of the maltings with its wings open, sunbathing, or a thrush pecking away at a fat ball that was on the lawn. He may have spotted a cat somewhere. He has incredible eyesight for predators and quite often gives his alarm call when indoors and sees a cat or fox in the field on the other side of the road.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

8. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (04-19-2018)

Parrots

Pickle- Green Cheek Conure, Wall-E- Black Capped Conure
    Here in Illinois the weather doesn't know if it wants to be Spring or Winter. It'll be snowing one day and warm the next. My birds though think it's actually Spring and are very hormonal. I can't wait for it to actually be warm so I can let them go outside.

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (04-21-2018), Dragonlady2 (04-20-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    I have absolutely no clue what the season is right now. We spent 2 days without power due to the freezing rain we had for 3 days over last weekend. Now the sun is shining and the temperature is double digits.

Super Moderator

Parrots

Sounds to me like the weather is anything but normal any where. Or the same everywhere...tilted.....

13. The following user likes this post:

Quakerella (05-03-2018)

Parrots

Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Small Parakeets, Parrotlets, Caiques
    In Australia autumn season has been started, I just love this season.

15. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (05-02-2018), Dragonlady2 (05-02-2018), Lady (05-08-2018), Quakerella (05-03-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Autumn is very nice indeed, lots of great comfort food and winter veggies!

17. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-08-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Still doing clean up from the storm 2 weeks ago. 2 houses on our left lost a tree and four houses on our right also lost a tree. The one on the right ripped out all the hydro lines. May sure did come in with a bang.

19. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (05-15-2018), kendrafitz (05-19-2018)