User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is spring on the way?

Hybrid View

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.

Is spring on the way?

Looking out of the window it is a grey dreich day with sleet showers. But Casper has started a serious molt of his smaller feathers. He obviously has the impression that spring is on the way because the evenings are getting later.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-21-2018), kendrafitz (01-23-2018), Lady (01-25-2018), Mare (01-24-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    We are in the midst of the January thaw. The weather was beautiful yesterday, however, February is notorious for winter storms.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-23-2018), Lady (01-25-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Yes Helena, we always get a massive snow fall in February.

6. The following user likes this post:

Lady (01-25-2018)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Spring could be on the way..but..WAIT!!..what happened to winter?!! We are still waiting for winter here in California! My ‘toos, including cockatiels seem to molt year long..

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-24-2018), Dragonlady2 (01-24-2018), Lady (01-25-2018)

Parrots

Casper stopped moulting for about a month. Mind you he was rather ill in that period. He is certainly making up for it now, for the last two days he has moulted more small feathers than you can balance in the palm of your hand and has been preening furiously, occasionally growling when he knocks a blood feather. Today there was a primary feather in the bottom of the cage when he was uncovered but whether this was due to come out or got knocked out we are not sure. He knocked a butt feather out yesterday, unfortunately not the one that has been sticking out at right angles for a week. Right turn Clyde.

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-24-2018), Lady (01-25-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I don't know what to think about this weather, and I also noticed that it wasn't dark outside at 5pm here as it usually is and has been til recently. Yesterday it was feeling like spring as I didn't even feel I needed a sweater till after 8 pm.

Parrots

Well, the weather has turned colder, the feathers have stopped coming out and there is a lot of new feather growth going on, enough to make us look like we have been sprinkled with sugar after a few minutes of him sitting on a shoulder preening. Casper has just been put in his cage for the night and I have just been given a going over with the vacuum cleaner by Margaret

13. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-05-2018), Lady (02-04-2018), Quakerella (02-05-2018)

Parrots

Hmm, woke up to snow showers today and wondered if God is a parrot and has just had a good shake

15. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-05-2018), Quakerella (02-05-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    6 inches of snow here last night. I think spring is still a ways away for us.

17. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (02-05-2018), Dragonlady2 (02-05-2018)

Parrots

OK... Margaret says he is a great big parrot

19. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (02-05-2018)