User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: URGENT!! Quaker lethargic and ill

Parrots

cockatiel, quaker parrot, budgies
    Uh oh. Just 10 minutes ago hes starting almost bouncing up and down, for about 5 seconds every minute or so. I dont know if these are seizures or something but they're getting worse. I feel horrible, I wish I could do more. I'm so heartbroken. Its heartbreaking just to see his condition. He was my first bird, I've had him for 12 years, since i was a child. He is just in such horrible condition and I hate to say this but I really dont think he is going to make it through the night. I took him out of the cage that night before he fell ill and I wish i knew it would probably be the last time I see him happy and lively. It hurts just to look at him right now.

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Can you syringe feed him something to keep his strength up, some oatmeal or something wizzed up in the blender?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

3. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-21-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    He definitely needs food. I agree with blending up some food....cooked carrots, oatmeal, etc. Needs to be kept warm. Can you put him in a small carrier/cage with covering on three sides to keep heat in?

5. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-21-2018)

Parrots

Okay. I blended oatmeal, carrots, kale, spinach and couscous together and gave it to him in an eyedropper. He stopped at 2ml. Hopefully it helps.

Parrots

Little and often?
    Sounds yummy.

Parrots

Actually that's not bad for a little bird

Parrots

How often should i feed him the mixture and what amount? I don't want to over/under feed him.

Parrots

There is an online avain vet here https://www.justanswer.com/bird-vet
    You can chat to a vetinerary assistant called Pearl, says she will do all she can to help.

11. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-22-2018)

Parrots

Honey just passed away. He died in my hands while I was feeding him. Although, it did seem that he passed peacefully. I was rubbing his head and telling him I love him then his eyes just closed. I'm heartbroken he's gone but glad it ended like that and not anyway else.

Parrots

So sorry to hear, fly away over the rainbow little bird. He died knowing he was loved.