User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi there!

Parrots

Green cheeked conure - Calvin Eclectus parrot - Camille

Hi there!

Hi, I've come to Precisely Parrots because we have become a bird household. Many years ago I had a Blue Crown Conure but I had to give him up after my daughter was born. He did not like her at all . I lucked into finding a man that had a "flock" of them and he fit in nicely.

22 years (and another kid) later we found our house to be very lonely after our dog passed (16 years old). We spent a while thinking about what would fit in (and what animal my neighbor could help watch if necessary) and decided on a bird.

After some research my daughter decided on male eclectus parrot. We found a breeder and within a few months she had two eggs. Only one hatched and the breeder had a man waiting for a male so she told us it was promised to him. We decided it was fate.

Then we were in a pet store and the cutest Green Cheeked Conure was so playful with us we decided it was fate and took "Calvin" home. He is a dream. We don't know if he will talk but he is great with "Kissy" noises! Within a few weeks the breeder called to say the Eclectus was a female and the other buyer didn't want her. Well, once we saw the picture of her little red pin feathers we were in love, considered it fate and eventually "Camille" came home with us.

So, if I need help I will be coming here to glean some knowledge! Thanks!!

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-19-2018), Lady (01-19-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi and Welcome,
    So very nice you joined us! Calvin and Camille sound pretty special. Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures with them. We would love to see some pics of them if you want to share!

4. The following user likes this post:

PandJY (01-19-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to hearing about your birdy family and seeing some pics.

6. The following user likes this post:

PandJY (01-20-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Welcome to PP
    Casper says
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hello.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	5050
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-19-2018), Lady (01-25-2018)

Parrots

AWWW - SO beautiful!!!! I have to find a way to get the pic from the phone to the computer. .... It may be a while

10. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-20-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Hi and welcome to PP

Looking forward to hearing all about Calvin and Camille

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-20-2018), PandJY (01-21-2018)

Parrots

Finally able to post pictures (well, my daughter did)!
    Our little GCC is Calvin and our beautiful Electus is Camille! Who would think that a GCC would be such a cuddle bug! And Ms. Camille is quite sassy with everyone other than me and my daughter!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4873.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	5061Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5136.jpg 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	5062Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5393.jpg 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	5063

14. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (02-07-2018), Lady (02-07-2018), Quakerella (02-14-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Wow, they are beautiful! I love Camille's coloring. You will be in for some great adventures with these two.

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    It was well worth the wait for the pictures, they look so sweet. Now you have got the hang of uploading the pics I hope we will see more of them when you get those 'must have a picture of that' type moments
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

17. The following user likes this post:

Lady (02-07-2018)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Wow, they are beautiful! I love Camille's coloring. You will be in for some great adventures with these two.
    Thank you. I was shocked when the purple feathers came out. I had never seen one face first! LOL