User Tag List

Thread: Two green cheeks?

Two green cheeks?

Ok so in the near future my boyfriend and I want to get a green cheek. I've always wanted to have one and I'm now in a point in my life to properly care for one, that being said with our work schedule we'd have time to interact and bond with them on a daily basis but that'd be early mornings and evenings but, the middle of the day they'd be alone. Would it be better to get two of them? And how much interaction do you think we'd need to do in order to stay bonded to them instead of them just preferring each others company?

Sent from my 5056N using Tapatalk

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-17-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum! You wouldn't necessarily have to get two birds as long as there are things to do for a single bird like foraging activities, new toys, television on etc. If you were to get two birds, don't cage them together. They could play together when they are out, but still have relationships with you and your boyfriend. Their cages could be side by side so they have each other for company during the times when no one is home.

4. The following user likes this post:

Lady (01-19-2018)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hello and welcome to PP.
    Please look at the possibility of getting a rescue bird, there are many birds who have been abandoned and need a loving home.
    Let us know whatever you decide
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-17-2018), Lady (01-19-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    As Helena has said, as long as there are a variety of safe toys for your bird to play with during the day, a single conure would be fine. Interaction before you go to work and again when you get home would keep him/her tame and happy

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-18-2018), Lady (01-19-2018)

Parrots

Pickle- Green Cheek Conure, Wall-E- Black Capped Conure
    My husband and I had the same thing. We both work from 8 to at least 5. We now have 2 conures. Our first one bonded with us before we got the second. We would take her out an hour before work, eat breakfast with her, and then take her out as soon as wer got home. The second one likes us but isn’t as affectionate. We housed them together and they bonded instantly. Only issue with them being bonded like that is our first conure doesn’t love on us like she use to, although she still shows affection in small amounts. We now take both of them out in the morning and let them out as soon as we get home. Regardless if you get one or two they need attention and interaction with you. They need plenty to do to keep their active minds entertained. Like what was said before try adopting/rescuing a bird. There are plenty out there looking for a new home.

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-23-2018), Dragonlady2 (01-23-2018), Lady (01-25-2018), Quakerella (01-23-2018)