User Tag List

Thread: Hi can anyone help me with a decision?

Hi can anyone help me with a decision?

ught. I was eventually able to get her to sit on my hand and she was falling asleep while i slowly put my hand up towards her cage. Then when I got close enough, she jumped onto the cage. I left her alone for a couple minutes then because she was staying still which I feel like is her saying I need space, so I did. Then she started crawling on her cage, and some other good things happened, then she flew up to my head for a couple of seconds probably to get higher so she could get to her cage easier. I played some budgie chirping for her on my phone and she stepped onto my phone, and flapped over to my shoulder then back onto the cage. The whole experience I felt was a positive one where she was learning that I wasn't going to harm her. She eventually just walked back into her cage, and I fixed where she got out, and closed her door.
    So heres my question now: Should I continue with formatted training just to be sure or let my bird out of cage and train from there?

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hello and welcome
    Are you just training her to step up or have you further ambitions?
    I'm not sure I can help much because the training in our house is mainly Casper getting us to obey him

However, as a non-expert I would say it doesn't really matter if you let the bird out to interact with you and you both seem to be getting to know each other fine. It always takes time and patience which you seem to be good at.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

3. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-10-2018), Lady (01-10-2018), Mare (01-09-2018)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Great advice, Jean-Pierre Hello and welcome, scarlettewolff! I, also, have birds that train me, as long as I don’t get bit..I’m happy. What are you trying to train your budgie to do?

5. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-10-2018), Dragonlady2 (01-10-2018), Lady (01-10-2018)