User Tag List

Thread: Happy New Year!

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)

Happy New Year!

Hello Everyone,

It's been a while since I have posted here and I apologize for losing touch. Life has been crazy - the usual stuff, my "part time" jobs, some family health issues and the kids are now full fledged teens. Who knew that once both kids were teens they would keep me busier than they did when they were young? Not me, that's for sure!!

Rosie has been her usual self. Ornery, funny, demanding, sweet and drivenuts all rolled into one. She is giving herself a pedicure as I type this. Funny girl. She keeps me on my toes. She has just switched from a pedicure to chewing up my comforter and pulling the stuffing out. That's due to the fact that she just realized I am on the computer, something she hates. Whoever said parrots are forever toddlers was sooo on the money!

It's all Rosie, all the time here. She was thrilled when the kids were home for winter break. My daughter had a constant stream of friends over and Rosie thought they were there to see her. The girls would chat and sing with her, she was over the moon.

The chickens are happy in their home. They have started laying eggs (except for Ellie who is a rooster). It's so ridiculous that I was so excited when my friend texted me that one of the girls laid her first egg. I don't even eat eggs! I guess it's like a right of passage.

I hope everyone is doing well. I will try to check in more frequently. I keep hoping that things will slow down, but I think the pace I have been in is the pace I will be at for a while. Thankfully, most of it is all good stuff!!!
    Rosie & Kendra

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-08-2018), Dragonlady2 (01-08-2018), Lady (01-08-2018)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Some great news there. Happy 2018 to you and yours as well. Looking forward to hearing more happy moments from the Fitz Farm!
    Last edited by Lady; 01-08-2018 at 12:42 AM.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-08-2018), kendrafitz (01-08-2018)