User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Caspers an in-patient

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Jean-Pierre I do hope Casper is well soon. Thinking of you

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-30-2017), Lady (01-01-2018), plax (12-30-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    The good thoughts you have all been sending have worked

The vet just phoned to say that Casper can come home because he ate well overnight and hasn't been sick. We will have to carry on with his course of meds at home.

"A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-31-2017), kendrafitz (12-31-2017), Lady (01-01-2018), plax (12-31-2017)

Parrots

He is home and very happy to be here

He is very underweight, down to 358 grams whereas he is normally around 410 and was 450 when he first came to us, but is munching his way through a bowl full of food as I type. We have three different meds to give him, two of which are twice a day and the main one just once. I foresee there being a lot of porridge on the menu for the next few days.

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-31-2017), kendrafitz (12-31-2017), Lady (01-01-2018), plax (12-31-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Great news that he is home! Time for a little spoiling.

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-31-2017), Lady (01-01-2018), plax (12-31-2017)

Parrots

Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
    yeehaw!
    Give him some lovin
    Thanks,
    Bill
    &

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    I'm happy to know Casper is back where he belongs (and hungry) . Wonderful to hear!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-31-2017), Lady (01-01-2018)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Best news ever!!! Awesome for him to start the New Year at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

14. The following 3 users like this post:

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Yay!!! So very happy he is home. I believe we heal better at home where we are surrounded by our loved ones who know us best.

May he have a excellent recovery!

16. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (01-01-2018)

Glad your little one is back home with you and can just imagine how he feels about being back also.

Regarding the arsenic in the rice, my understanding is it depends on what country the stuff is grown in. If it is from China, yes, there is arsenic in their water ways but that is not an issue here in the States.

I still won't trust stuff coming out of China because of their track record of lead in paint in baby toys or all the dog food that killed off so many dogs. Remember the milk and infant formula with the melamine in it with children/babies getting sick from it or even dying?

You won't see me buying any silicone products, particularly kitchen utensils that come from China. Back then, on another bird board when all that hit the fan, one of the members there was a chemist for the Navy who advised to not use those products because that melamine 'poop' is used in those products and can leach into the foods.

China makes stuff cheap, you think they are going to change their ways and be more careful with the stuff they ship to people who only want the cheapest prices for everything? Highly doubt that one. Who is going to regulate them? Heck they are working with North Korea and that Kim guy who set on showing the world he is someone to be respected or else he will set off his bombs.

Parrots

Thanks for the info about arsenic in soil, do we know where the bird food manufacturers source their rice, as you say China is cheapest.
    Casper is doing well, Margaret has got the hang of syringe feeding him his meds with him wrapped in an old teeshirt. He is chasing a plastic bottle around the room at the moment. He thinks he has the answer to the worlds plastic waste problem - give the bottles to him and he will hide them behind the armchair

19. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (01-04-2018), kendrafitz (01-04-2018), Lady (01-08-2018), Macaw Lover (01-04-2018), plax (01-04-2018)