User Tag List

Thread: My new caique!

My new caique!

Hey! 3 days ago i just got my first black headed caique. The first day he was really scared and carefull, after 2 days he started to eat more and make some noices also het eats out of my hand! He is really doing great, but my question is how do i get it tame the best? And how can i try to let him step up ? What should be my next step? He also tries to step on the rope in her cage but she is a little hit scared of it she is looking at it and licking it haha! Look at the picture shes so cute

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G390F met Tapatalk

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-17-2017), Dragonlady2 (12-17-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum. Your caique is adorable. Three days is not very long for your bird to settle in. You can start by offering it a treat from your hand. Letting it come to you will help build a trusting relationship and that might take a little time.

4. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-17-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    It takes time and patience. No sudden movements that might startle her. And bribe her with treats, food is a great motivator.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-17-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Izzy,
    Welcome to PP. Your Caique is quite cute. Thanks for sharing her pic. It surely is going to take some time and we know your excited but slow down and just get to know her and watch her body language to see how you think she is feeling. How old is she about, do you have an idea? What are your plans for her? Is she just yours or does everyone in your house want to help you with raising her?

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-24-2017), Dragonlady2 (12-25-2017)