User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for advice when considering getting a bird

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Agree with pretty much everything that is said above. My only added comment is that not all birds react the same. What works or is tolerated by one bird may stress out another and I believe that the "back up plan" is crucial and necessary when you take on the responsibility of getting a bird companion.

2. The following user likes this post:

Mare (12-24-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Excellent advice about the back up plan, Casper and I are on our own for a week whilst Casper's best friend is having fun in Switzerland. I am having to really think, even just going outside, I have to make sure that the door doesn't slam behind me and lock me out.
    I went on a day trip to France this week and on the return journey the cross channel ferry had engine trouble so I was late back, way beyond Casper's lights out time. Its amazing how much mess one bored parrot can make in a few hours - it looked like he had a flock of friends around for a party
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-17-2017), Mare (12-24-2017)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Tons of responsibility..lots to think about. I’m 61 years old and got my first bird at around 50ish..?. If I hadn’t already raised three children,,there’s NO way I could have handled this kind of responsibility!!

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-24-2017), Dragonlady2 (12-24-2017)