User Tag List

Thread: Hello from Virginia

Hello from Virginia

Hello, my name is Bryan and I reside in Virginia with my*wife, 5 kids, bearded dragon, 18 snakes, sulcata tortoise, 2 leopard geckos, rabbit, 4 cats, 2 dogs, a 2 year old sun conure named Gabe and a 1 year old green cheek*conure named Merlin. I've loved many and all animals in my lifetime but none have I bonded so closely with as my feathered friends. I am constantly looking for*something new and researching all things avian. I hope to learn more from those in this forum. Have a great holiday!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

2. The following user likes this post:

Lady (12-10-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum!
    You have got quite a zoo. Your birds are beautiful. Do they get along? I have a crimson bellied conure who does not play well with others...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    You have got quite a zoo. Your birds are beautiful. Do they get along? I have a crimson bellied conure who does not play well with others...lol.
    Oh my, the crimsons are sooo beautiful! They enjoy out of cage playtime together. My gcc is a bit pushy so he gets more preening and live than the sun and if they get fussy with each other it's normally because he started it. Lol. My sun conure may be many octaves louder but he is calmer.

5. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (12-09-2017)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Welcome Bryan. Thanks for joining us. And thanks for sharing photos of your beautiful feathered companions
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Birdspeaker (12-09-2017), Dragonlady2 (12-09-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Welcome Bryan, pull up a chair and make yourself at home. Your birds are so pretty, Merlin looks like he helps* in the kitchen whilst Gabe just chills on the back of the sofa
    Or is that your knee lol
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Birdspeaker (12-09-2017), Dragonlady2 (12-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Welcome Bryan, pull up a chair and make yourself at home. Your birds are so pretty, Merlin looks like he helps* in the kitchen whilst Gabe just chills on the back of the sofa
    Or is that your knee lol
    Lol, that explains them perfectly!

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-10-2017), Dragonlady2 (12-09-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Hi Bryan and Welcome to PP

You sure have a full house, and your birds are beautiful. Looking forward to seeing more pictures and hearing some stories.

13. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-10-2017), Dragonlady2 (12-10-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Bryan, Gabe and Merlin,
    Nice to have you in our flock. Your guys are really cute. We also had quite a mix of different animals in our family but their is something more that draws me to birds. Their beautiful colors, funny mannerisms, and their ability to adapt to living with us in our habitat to name a few. Did you say Gabe was more calm than Merlin? Wow how cool, I would of though the opposite from the ones I've met. Just goes to prove we can't judge a book by the cover as the saying goes.
    Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures with your guys. Keep those pics coming they are always fun to see.

15. The following 2 users like this post:

Birdspeaker (12-10-2017), Casper's 2nd best friend (12-10-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Bryan, Gabe and Merlin,
    Nice to have you in our flock. Your guys are really cute. We also had quite a mix of different animals in our family but their is something more that draws me to birds. Their beautiful colors, funny mannerisms, and their ability to adapt to living with us in our habitat to name a few. Did you say Gabe was more calm than Merlin? Wow how cool, I would of though the opposite from the ones I've met. Just goes to prove we can't judge a book by the cover as the saying goes.
    Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures with your guys. Keep those pics coming they are always fun to see.
    Yeah, Merlin (gcc) loves Gabe but still has the little bird Napoleon complex and makes himself known. It reminds me of a t-shirt I recently saw on Amazon about the anatomy of a green cheek; it had a picture of an on/off switch with a label stating "attack mode".

17. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (12-10-2017), Lady (12-10-2017), Quakerella (12-14-2017)