User Tag List

Thread: Pics of Nike

Parrots

Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)

Pics of Nike

I got a new toy because it was half price on Verizon, the Hasselblad True Zoom camera attachment for my Moto Z force Droid phone. I think it takes decent pictures.

Here she is eating a Harrison's pellet.

here's another shot.

Nike has full use of her wings for the first time since we got her and we're having a heck of a time keeping her in one place. She often flies to us but then other times she just flies around the house as we have to figure out where she has landed.

Just now she perched on my wife's plant stand in another room. Not sure if we have any bad plants in there but I scooped her up to my shoulder right after this pic. Same phone camera.

Thanks,
    Bill
    &

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-27-2017), Lady (12-03-2017), mdg1109 (11-27-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-30-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    She is beautiful. I have always loved the coloring on her head and you can see it much more clearly with the definition of the feathers.
    You will be having lots of fun with your new toy trying to snap her in mid-air.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-27-2017), Lady (12-03-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Lovely pics, flying is fun. Love the one of her on the plant stand with complimentary plant colours. She does look like one of those photos you see that have been manipulated to be part in black and white and part in colour.
    Casper has learned that it is a bad idea to crash land on a cactus after misjudging his flight path to the back of the sofa.
    A friend was much impressed by the improvement we made to the pics he was taking just by cleaning the filthy lens on his phone.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-27-2017), Lady (12-03-2017)

Parrots

Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
    Thanks, she's kinda driving us nuts with the flying, wont sit still. I'll give her a bit more time to see if she calms down a bit.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    &

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-28-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-28-2017), Lady (12-03-2017)

She is sooooo sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-30-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-28-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Nike's behavior may be a pain at times, but she's sure pretty!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-30-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-30-2017), Lady (12-03-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Aww how awesome that she is flying around the house. You could always try and use those spring loaded curtain rods with light (sheer) curtains hanging to help deter her to stay in one room. Just a thought.