User Tag List

Thread: Should I Be Worried

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique

Should I Be Worried

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! I have to say I am a little worried about Charlie, he has not been acting himself the last few days. We only had my Dad and my Brother over for Thanksgiving and I noticed Thanksgiving day that he was not his "normal" self. He has been very quiet and sleeping more than normal. He usually talks throughout the day, especially if I am home from work. He has poop has been normal and he seems to be eating okay but he has been very quiet, puffed up more than normal even though the temperature hasn't changed in the house and his cage has not been moved.

Any advice, should I take him into the vet? Thank you for any kind words of advice or suggestions.

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Yes, a check up by the vet would be a good idea, just to be on the safe side. If everything is fine then at least you will have peace of mind.

3. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-26-2017), Lady (11-26-2017), Mare (12-29-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Did he overindulge at Thanksgiving, how many treats did he have?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

5. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-26-2017), Mare (12-29-2017), mdg1109 (11-27-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I agree with the vet visit. You know Charlie best....go with your gut and have him checked out.

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (12-03-2017), Mare (12-29-2017)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Thank you everyone, he has kinda gotten back to his normal self. He has been puffed up a lot like he is chilly and it has been quite chilly here but I do not feel any drafts near or around his cage and i have thick fleece blankets on his cage at night. I think he was thrown off by everyone being here for Thanksgiving and also the excitement around the house decorating for Christmas but I have a vet appointment for him on Wednesday, that was the quickest we could get him in.

9. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-28-2017), kendrafitz (11-28-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-30-2017), Quakerella (11-28-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdg1109 View Post
    Thank you everyone, he has kinda gotten back to his normal self. He has been puffed up a lot like he is chilly and it has been quite chilly here but I do not feel any drafts near or around his cage and i have thick fleece blankets on his cage at night. I think he was thrown off by everyone being here for Thanksgiving and also the excitement around the house decorating for Christmas but I have a vet appointment for him on Wednesday, that was the quickest we could get him in.
    Please let us know how Charlie's vet appointment went. Glad to hear he seems more normal now
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

11. The following user likes this post:

Lady (12-03-2017)