User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My boys

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure

My boys

Back yet again thing have been pretty rough lately and ive been pretty down the love these boys give me is just amazing id be so much worse off with out them here some pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171109_135644.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	5036

Name:	20171109_135556.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	5037

Name:	20171109_135218.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	5038

Name:	20171030_095722.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	5039

Name:	20171020_102432.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	5040

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-18-2017), Lady (11-18-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Great pics! Lucky's looking wonderful and I can see that cute little Chewie is a snuggly bug. Thanks so much for sharing, Jenn

One word of safety advice: You might want to fill up that hanging chain in Lucky's cage so there's not enough of it exposed that it might turn into a weighted noose during his playtime.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Great pics Jen! Chewy looks like he can be a real sweetie. Lucky is his big beautiful self.

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Lovely cute pics, your hair compliments the parrot colours so well. Don't be afraid to ask if you need any help, even someone to talk to when you are feeling low.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    Great pics! Lucky's looking wonderful and I can see that cute little Chewie is a snuggly bug. Thanks so much for sharing, Jenn

One word of safety advice: You might want to fill up that hanging chain in Lucky's cage so there's not enough of it exposed that it might turn into a weighted noose during his playtime.
    O ya i forgot about the chain thing ill put some empty tp rolls and starws ?? I see some toys with straws in them is that only for the smalle guys or is that ok for mr lucky bird o man chewie is so snuggly hes a velcrow bird for sure lol

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Great pics Jen! Chewy looks like he can be a real sweetie. Lucky is his big beautiful self.
    O my yes chewie is such a sweet heart but can be mean and nippy which hurts just as much as when lucky pinches me lol chewie seems to always be on me

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyandjenn View Post
    O ya i forgot about the chain thing ill put some empty tp rolls and starws ??
    It would be best to use items that he can't quickly and easily remove from the chain. You might use drilled wood blocks or a short piece of hard pvc.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyandjenn View Post
    o man chewie is so snuggly hes a velcrow bird for sure lol
    Zaf is the bird around here who sticks to me continually
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

11. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-18-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Lovely cute pics, your hair compliments the parrot colours so well. Don't be afraid to ask if you need any help, even someone to talk to when you are feeling low.
    Thanks i enjoy when i can have colorfull hair and yea your right the purple goes good with the boys colors and thanks for everything i need to check in more

13. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-18-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-18-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    It would be best to use items that he can't quickly and easily remove from the chain. You might use drilled wood blocks or a short piece of hard pvc.

Zaf is the bird around here who sticks to me continually
    O ya o just forgot to do the other chains when i did his swing lol opps and awww big cuddly babby zaf i actually got to hang out with a 2 year old hy he was so sweet so much bigger than luck too one day thats the next type of bird me and the hubby want to add to the flock in the future

15. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-18-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-18-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    All of you look wonderful.

How is the relationship between Lucky and Chewie? Sometimes I really want another bird around to have some "feathered company" for Lady. I think to hard about it and end up talking myself out of the whole idea. Since Chewie and Lucky are so different in size what's it like when their hanging out in the same room together?

I think if my hubby was the one who wanted a feathered companion for Lady it would be an easier decision because he's the one home most of the day.