User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lucky may be sick

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Sometimes the vet will let you pay in installments. We were hit with a whopping vet bill and they let us pay over 4 months. Hopefully Lucky doesn't need to go to the vet, but it's a thought in case he has to. As well, any chance that you have a veterinary school in the area? They will sometimes check on animals for the experience.

2. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-18-2017), Lady (11-18-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-18-2017), Quakerella (11-21-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Not a lot of help to you and Lucky but here in the UK we have a charity called the PDSA (Peoples dispensary for sick animals). The have 48 pet hospitals around the country where people can take their animals and only pay what they can afford. Is there anything like that in the USA?

Here's a link www.pdsa.org.uk if you are interested in what they do.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-18-2017), Lady (11-18-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-18-2017), Quakerella (11-21-2017)

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Im not sure ill will look inro that thoe he seems his normal self his nares look dry of the clear mucus i saw last night im cleaning all day and going to give him a shower see if i see it again hes earing his foods now and he took his fave treat a wallnut so i rhink i may have jumped the gunn still going to keep an eye on him thanks so much guys the last thing i could handle right now is either of the boys beimg sick they are they good in my life in these hetic times

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-18-2017), Lady (11-18-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-18-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Not a lot of help to you and Lucky but here in the UK we have a charity called the PDSA (Peoples dispensary for sick animals). The have 48 pet hospitals around the country where people can take their animals and only pay what they can afford. Is there anything like that in the USA?

Here's a link www.pdsa.org.uk if you are interested in what they do.
    You know thats so cool the uk does this im not sure of we do here in ca i think if it came down to it id see if they could at least do a payment plan type thing with me.... Fingers crossed that i was just jumping the gunn as i tend to do that alot with all my pets lol they act diffrent one day i assume the worst lol

8. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-18-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-18-2017), Lady (11-18-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-18-2017), Quakerella (11-21-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Jumping the gun is one way to put it, but I like the sound of, better safe than sorry. I think it's more of wanting to catch what might be something going on early rather than just thinking, ah.... there fine.

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-21-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-18-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-18-2017), Quakerella (11-21-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Jumping the gun is one way to put it, but I like the sound of, better safe than sorry. I think it's more of wanting to catch what might be something going on early rather than just thinking, ah.... there fine.
    Very true thats what i was trying to do stay one step ahead

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-21-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-18-2017), Quakerella (11-21-2017)

Parrots

Katie- 23 yr old Catalina Macaw
    Hoping Lucky feels better soon- it’s always scary thing!! I think we all jump the gun when it comes to that!

Keep us updated and keep your head up ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our rescue birds~

23 yr old Katie - Catalina Macaw
    34 yr old Max- GW Macaw
    1 yr old Nibbles- GC Conure
    ADOPT DON’T SHOP

14. The following 2 users like this post:

PlaxMacaws (11-21-2017), Quakerella (11-21-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Try to keep in good spirits Jenn. I am sure Lucky will be okay, Tony seems to have all the right questions covered.

Keep us up to date please.

Parrots

Lucky is fine everyone im doing my best to get the house clean thoe i had somthing unxpected happen i lost a business so had to bring all that stuff home so ot will take a little while bit ill get there

17. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (11-23-2017), MacawMomma (11-24-2017)

Parrots

Katie- 23 yr old Catalina Macaw
    So happy to hear he’s doing good!!!

One day at a time, just don’t think you can do everything at once, because none of us can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our rescue birds~

23 yr old Katie - Catalina Macaw
    34 yr old Max- GW Macaw
    1 yr old Nibbles- GC Conure
    ADOPT DON’T SHOP

19. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-24-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-24-2017), Lady (11-26-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-25-2017)