User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lucky may be sick

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure

Lucky may be sick

I dont know what to do im freaking out and feel like crap with my husband being in jail and my just loosing one of our business i havnt been spending as much time with him i see clear mucus i have never seen him have that before and im broke i cant afford to take him in i feel like the biggest pos in the world he seems ok other than that thoe and the house is pretty dirty right now i dont know what to do im sry everyone i didnt know where to trun

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Jenn- how much clear mucus are you noticing from Lucky? Is he sneezing? Is he coughing? Are you noticing any discharge from his nares? It may be a sinus infection. Are you noticing the mucus as extra thick saliva strings that drip back into his water bowl? And does a mucus bubble tend to form in the back of his throat? Please describe what's going on for us.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

Sneezing no more than uasuall thoe it is pretty dirty in here im trying to get to that tommarow all day that what im doing its clear theres not alot of it and it does not seem to be ant discharge nothing and as the snot dripping into bowl havent seen that nor did I see any thing in his mouth he yawned earkier and I tryed to look in there looked ok to me but ill have to google what its supposed to looke like in there im not sure if im just over reacting orrrr im going to give him a warmish shower and clan the cage and house tommorow as well as call and ask how much a check up is at the avain /exotic animal vet people she has used out here kinda scared to do that thoe because idk what I would need done and im afarid of them adding a bunch of un need things and racking up a huge bill as I dont have to much moneys at the moment and I do have a friend that said shed help if need be but ya know idk how much shed be abel to help id do anything for lucky thoe ... for any of my pets and thanks sry for the ramble I have a billion things going on

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by luckyandjenn View Post
    Sneezing no more than uasuall thoe it is pretty dirty in here im trying to get to that tommarow all day that what im doing its clear theres not alot of it and it does not seem to be ant discharge nothing and as the snot dripping into bowl havent seen that nor did I see any thing in his mouth he yawned earkier and I tryed to look in there looked ok to me but ill have to google what its supposed to looke like in there im not sure if im just over reacting orrrr im going to give him a warmish shower and clan the cage and house tommorow as well as call and ask how much a check up is at the avain /exotic animal vet people she has used out here kinda scared to do that thoe because idk what I would need done and im afarid of them adding a bunch of un need things and racking up a huge bill as I dont have to much moneys at the moment and I do have a friend that said shed help if need be but ya know idk how much shed be abel to help id do anything for lucky thoe ... for any of my pets and thanks sry for the ramble I have a billion things going on
    If you haven't noticed much extra mucus, I wouldn't be overly concerned about that at the moment. FWIW, Zaf can be a mucus factory at times. Are there any other symptoms? How is Lucky's energy? Does he seem unhappy? Is his appetite okay? How are his feathers? Is there anything else about him or his behaviors that has changed or that you feel may be an indication of illness?

Parrots

No every thing els seems normal he does the same ol hang out all day he like to be on top of chewies chage and look out the window his feathers are bright and pretty like always hes still grinding his beak and stuff his poops look normal but i have just never noticed anything in the nare before like i said too it is extra dirty so i think im going to clean and give him a couple more showers and monorter him the next couple days if it dosent sound like he needs to go in right away i may be over reacting alot is going on in my life and im mentaly all over the place so i hoping im just overreacting but idk and his weight feels the same when i pick him up ill go buy another scale as mine recently broke make sure his weight is the same and thanks its not fun freaking out about my babys ill tell ya one thing if does end up needing to go in ill find a way to get him ther and get his meds i super hope that is not the case

Parrots

No every thing els seems normal he does the same ol hang out all day he like to be on top of chewies chage and look out the window his feathers are bright and pretty like always hes still grinding his beak and stuff his poops look normal but i have just never noticed anything in the nare before like i said too it is extra dirty so i think im going to clean and give him a couple more showers and monorter him the next couple days if it dosent sound like he needs to go in right away i may be over reacting alot is going on in my life and im mentaly all over the place so i hoping im just overreacting but idk and his weight feels the same when i pick him up ill go buy another scale as mine recently broke make sure his weight is the same and thanks its not fun freaking out about my babys ill tell ya one thing if does end up needing to go in ill find a way to get him ther and get his meds i super hope that is not the case
    Nothing really sounds like a red flag to me, Jenn. Since his behavior is normal, he's not experiencing any excessive discharge, his poop looks normal, his weight seems on par, and he's in good feather... I'd say that you can calm down about his health. Please be sure to dedicate enough time to him and his needs and all should be well. I know it can get rough at times... but I know you love Lucky (as well as your other pets) and are there for him (and them). Please hang in there and keep us updated. You don't have to be such a stranger around here, you know?

7. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-18-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-18-2017), Lady (11-18-2017)

Parrots

Ya i know and ive been spending time with them but not nearly enough im now only working from home so that should change ill be home more like i used too in all honesty right now all my pets are the only thing keeping me going even in the sate depression and stress ive been in and have not been spending as much time as id like or used to with them im happy to start spending more time o funny thing hes chating all the time and i think hes mashing our names togater because ive been trying to teach him my name ill point at him say lucky bird them point at my self and say jennifer so hes like saying lucky fer lol its cute i think hes trying to get my name down so im going to keep an eye on him and after i whip this place back into shape ill take some new pics and videos o chewie flys all over the place now its annoying working around the house then just having a little bird land on your head lol

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-18-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-18-2017)

Parrots

Ya i know and ive been spending time with them but not nearly enough im now only working from home so that should change ill be home more like i used too in all honesty right now all my pets are the only thing keeping me going even in the sate depression and stress ive been in and have not been spending as much time as id like or used to with them im happy to start spending more time o funny thing hes chating all the time and i think hes mashing our names togater because ive been trying to teach him my name ill point at him say lucky bird them point at my self and say jennifer so hes like saying lucky fer lol its cute i think hes trying to get my name down so im going to keep an eye on him and after i whip this place back into shape ill take some new pics and videos o chewie flys all over the place now its annoying working around the house then just having a little bird land on your head lol
    Well, I'm glad they have you, and you them. Just hang in there and keep them safe and happy . I'll be looking forward to the pics!

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-18-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-18-2017)

Parrots

Yes im very happy to have them id be way more lonely with out them the are so much fun and give me somthing to do hell if i dont get up in time chewie. Will start his little screech to be let up its gret no such thing as a nap or sleeping in lol gave that up a long time ago yes pics will happen soon feeling more optimestic about lucky still going to keep a close eye on him lol

13. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-18-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-18-2017), Lady (11-18-2017)

Parrots

Yes im very happy to have them id be way more lonely with out them the are so much fun and give me somthing to do hell if i dont get up in time chewie. Will start his little screech to be let up its gret no such thing as a nap or sleeping in lol gave that up a long time ago yes pics will happen soon feeling more optimestic about lucky still going to keep a close eye on him lol
    Sounds like a plan

15. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-18-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-18-2017), Lady (11-18-2017), luckyandjenn (11-18-2017)