User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New rescue- Max the GW Macaw

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Margaret recons that the left shoulder is the pirate side for parrots...
    Maybe it's determined by which shoulder is closest to the pirate's upper prosthesis (e.g., peg-arm extension w/ or w/o hook) to best serve that whim-carving lust parrots tend to be afflicted with? "Oops, Captain... there went your hook!"
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-12-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-12-2017), Lady (11-12-2017), MacawMomma (11-13-2017), Quakerella (11-12-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Excellent theory
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-12-2017), Lady (11-12-2017), MacawMomma (11-13-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-12-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Celia,
    What a beautiful and heartwarming story indeed! How awesome for all of you to have Max in your home. So now you have two beautiful Mac's. Is Katie as friendly with everyone as well. Looking forward to many happy stories about your flock!

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-13-2017), MacawMomma (11-13-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-14-2017), Quakerella (11-12-2017)

Parrots

Katie- 23 yr old Catalina Macaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    The subject of pirates came up this morning - Margaret recons that the left shoulder is the pirate side for parrots and said next time we go fancy dress she will go as a pirate and take Casper. I showed her your picture and she was amazed how well you have done it. I said perhaps that is how you always dress
    How did you know?!

I had to dress as a Pirate for Halloween and had Katie on my shoulder when I answered the door (too dark and cold to take her outside) and kids got a kick out of that! I’m curious on what shoulder is the official pirate parrot one! Haha

Max is just now becoming a shoulder bird, just not with me He prefers dad which is preferred since I’m Katie’s perch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-13-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-13-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-14-2017)

Parrots

New rescue- Max the GW Macaw

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    Hi Celia,
    What a beautiful and heartwarming story indeed! How awesome for all of you to have Max in your home. So now you have two beautiful Mac's. Is Katie as friendly with everyone as well. Looking forward to many happy stories about your flock!
    Aww thank you!!! It’s quite weird having two Macs, was never in the plans!! But we couldn’t stand seeing Max without a home any longer!

Katie loves people, all people- and is super exited and interactive BUT she does not allow them to handle her! I’m her preferred person but my husband and 12 year old son are the only ones, other than me, she’ll allow to handle her.

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-13-2017), Lady (11-15-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-14-2017)

Parrots

New rescue- Max the GW Macaw

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    Maybe it's determined by which shoulder is closest to the pirate's upper prosthesis (e.g., peg-arm extension w/ or w/o hook) to best serve that whim-carving lust parrots tend to be afflicted with? "Oops, Captain... there went your hook!"
    Good point!!!

I would propose that the parrot needs to be perched on the non-dominant sholder in case of an impromptu sword play

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-13-2017), Lady (11-15-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-14-2017)