User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New rescue- Max the GW Macaw

Parrots

Katie- 23 yr old Catalina Macaw

New rescue- Max the GW Macaw

Earlier this year we met Max, a 34 year old Green wing looking for a home. He has a serious heart condition and had been on different medication that made him very sick. So they decided along with the advice of the Avian Vet to take him off the medication and just give him a good quality of life.

My husband fell in love with him and we would visit him weekly, unfortunately for Max- my Katie picked us. We both love her to pieces but she’s definitely my bird.

My husband has been talking about Max for months now, and we started visiting him again. Well after seeing him light up when we would visit him, we decided to give him a forever home!!!

He had been at the rescue place for over 2 years (his original owner passed away) it’s a wonderful place but he was still mostly in his cage Well no more closed cages for Max!!

We brought him home this week and giving him tons of love and patience!!

He’s been chattering up a storm and coming in and out of his cage constantly- almost like he can’t believe he gets to come out of his cage. He has stepped up to every one in the house- kids included!! He is just a big sweetheart.

My heart is so full ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-09-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-09-2017), kendrafitz (11-12-2017), Lady (11-12-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-09-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Awww... what a beautiful boy Max is! . I'm so glad to hear you and your husband have chosen to give him a forever home!! In fact, it's an incredibly wonderful deed!!! Thank you so very much for being there for him. I'm literally tearing up over it. Max looks so much like my Salsa. The poor guy must have been feeling so abandoned and restricted and he's such a deserving sweetheart. What you have done for him truly warms my heart. The love you are showing Max may well extend his life well beyond what it may have been with ongoing treatments at the facility. Best of congratulations to Max and your entire family!

Thanks for posting, Celia
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

4. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-09-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-09-2017), Lady (11-12-2017), MacawMomma (11-10-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Awesome! I am sure Max is one happy camper. Thank you so much for taking in this beautiful bird.

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-09-2017), Lady (11-12-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-09-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Wonderful news, Max must be so pleased and from what you say he is loving his new home. I hope Katie isn't jealous and they get on well together.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

8. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-10-2017), Lady (11-12-2017), MacawMomma (11-10-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-09-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by PlaxMacaws View Post
    Awww... what a beautiful boy Max is! . I'm so glad to hear you and your husband have chosen to give him a forever home!! In fact, it's an incredibly wonderful deed!!! Thank you so very much for being there for him. I'm literally tearing up over it. Max looks so much like my Salsa. The poor guy must have been feeling so abandoned and restricted and he's such a deserving sweetheart. What you have done for him truly warms my heart. The love you are showing Max may well extend his life well beyond what it may have been with ongoing treatments at the facility. Best of congratulations to Max and your entire family!

Thanks for posting, Celia
    Awww thank you!! It’s been such a heartwarming experience!! The Avian vet said he might live years and years or just a few years with his condition. So we knew we had to get him home!

He’s been just in awe of being handled and outside his cage! I took him outside for some sunshine and he acted like I gave him the moon! He was just so so happy!! I tear up quite a bit with this special guy. He deserves the best!! ❤️

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-10-2017), Lady (11-12-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-10-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Awesome! I am sure Max is one happy camper. Thank you so much for taking in this beautiful bird.
    I’m just so happy he chose us!!! He’s so beautiful AND sweet!

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-10-2017), Lady (11-12-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-10-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Wonderful news, Max must be so pleased and from what you say he is loving his new home. I hope Katie isn't jealous and they get on well together.
    Katie and Max have been chatting away non stop with each other, I’m still keeping them separate for now. And I’m definitely keeping my special time with Katie to make sure she knows I was her Momma first

14. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-10-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-10-2017), Lady (11-12-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-10-2017)

Parrots

All birds should be the ones who decide where they live. Apparently humans were only put on earth to serve them*.

*a little bird told me

16. The following 5 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-10-2017), kendrafitz (11-12-2017), Lady (11-12-2017), MacawMomma (11-12-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-10-2017)

Parrots

New rescue- Max the GW Macaw

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    All birds should be the ones who decide where they live. Apparently humans were only put on earth to serve them*.

*a little bird told me
    Yes!!! Our Avian Rescue (where I’ve adopted all my birds) makes sure that their birds are very comfortable and easily handled by the prospective parronts before they even start the process ❤️

18. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (11-12-2017), Dragonlady2 (11-12-2017), Lady (11-12-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-12-2017)

Parrots

The subject of pirates came up this morning - Margaret recons that the left shoulder is the pirate side for parrots and said next time we go fancy dress she will go as a pirate and take Casper. I showed her your picture and she was amazed how well you have done it. I said perhaps that is how you always dress

20. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (11-12-2017), kendrafitz (11-12-2017), Lady (11-12-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-12-2017)