User Tag List

Thread: new color style

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"

new color style

I've added a new color style. It's titled 'Green' but its backgrounds are varying shades of gray and white with green header bars and highlights. You can access it from the drop-down style selector menu on the left side of the footer bar at the bottom of each page. I'm yet undecided whether 'Green' should be adopted as a permanent alternate style. Load it for a trial if you like. And please let me know about anything you might notice that seems disarray with it.

Thanks

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-30-2017), Lady (11-01-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    I have to admit I like the Blue or the Grey. The colours seem to compliment each other. With the Green there seems to be too many different colours and shades or hues. I am also using a laptop and the colours can look different depending on what you are using to view.

Just my personal opinion.

4. The following user likes this post:

plax (10-30-2017)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakerella View Post
    I have to admit I like the Blue or the Grey. The colours seem to compliment each other. With the Green there seems to be too many different colours and shades or hues. I am also using a laptop and the colours can look different depending on what you are using to view.

Just my personal opinion.
    Thank you, Rosalyn. The 'Green' style is a preliminary effort... I haven't completed all of the tweaks yet to make it fully parallel with the other five styles. In fact, just a few moments ago I adjusted the header dimensions and fonts to match the other styles and added the floating/fixed navbar. Granted, the 'Green' style is a bit more colorful when viewing threads. But if we keep it, it will merely be an additional style option
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Administrator

Parrots

I revamped the green style. Please have a look.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Interesting. I will check it out over the weekend (hopefully I will remember). It is another busy week at the job which dosn't leave me much time to take care of things at home after work.

8. The following user likes this post:

plax (11-02-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    It looks a lot better. Much easier on the eyes.

10. The following user likes this post:

plax (11-02-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Well I just tried all of them and although I like the Turquoise at the moment the purple is my choice .

12. The following user likes this post:

plax (11-03-2017)

Really enjoying it. The color schemes really match and are relevant. Bravo to the designers and developers in the house!!

14. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-08-2021)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum Tyra!

Themes determine a lot. The colors have a great impact on what the outcomes are.