User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back again

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure

Back again

So idk its been awhile again things arnt going so well the boys dont have toys they are getting bored and stuff but i love them they are the only things keeping me going at the moment idk what im going to do the next couple months are going to be super rough
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171020_102435.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	5024

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Sorry to hear things aren't going so well. With regard to toys, there may be things around the house that you can use. Measuring spoons and cups, cardboard boxes, paper plates. I'll think some more about other things you could use.

3. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (10-28-2017), PlaxMacaws (10-28-2017)

Parrots

thank you ill see what extra stuff i have around the house i know tp rolls and putting a couple treats in it ya its hard i really miss my husband its alot doing all that i am and its harder for me to get on because my all in one computer device dropped and is no longer working right everything seems to all go wrong at the same time i dont have a choice but to pull thru i still have all my pets to care for

5. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-27-2017), Lady (10-28-2017), PlaxMacaws (10-28-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hang on in there, your doing a great job. As Helena mentioned cardboard boxes, especially the corrugated card type seem to be fun for parrots to destroy. Margaret picks one up when she goes to the grocery store, handy for putting the shopping in as well. Just make sure it's a box that was for fruit or veg and not for cleaning products. Put the box on the floor upside down, maybe cut a doorway in it first, with some toys and treats inside. Casper spends ages in his, muttering and giggling and destroying stuff.
    Pine cones can be picked up off the ground. Get them while they are fresh and closed up and when you get them indoors they should open up and reveal all the seeds inside. Great for busy beaks
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

7. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-27-2017), Lady (10-28-2017), PlaxMacaws (10-28-2017), Quakerella (10-28-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Jenn- You might try empty 1-gallon water jugs. My guys love to knock them around. If you put one or two of them in Lucky's cage, he'll be able to slide them all around the grate and slam/bounce them into the sidewalls. Some macaws love doing that sort of thing. Zaf goes crazy for water jugs!

BTW, I'm glad to see you're back with us
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-28-2017), Lady (10-28-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    that's a great idea Tony, i will try it with Casper on a smaller scale because he loves to attack the plastic tub of poop-off wipes and chase it around the room
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

11. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-28-2017), Lady (10-28-2017), luckyandjenn (10-29-2017), PlaxMacaws (10-28-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Jenn,
    You may of been gone but you were in our thoughts. I believe with your attitude that you have to stay strong because your boys depend on you is great and so very true. As far as toys, what about some safe branches from around your yard. There is some pre work to be sure they are cleaned properly but at least they are free. I like the idea of going through the stuff you have in your kitchen that you could give to them as well. I tend to put things in a pillow case to set aside for Lady when I'm short. I have three cardboard egg cartons, some plastic scoopers from food containers, plastic lids from water bottles and some other odds and ends. I like to recycle from her store bought toys when they are looking worn and spruce them up with my saved items.

13. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-29-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-29-2017), PlaxMacaws (10-28-2017)

Parrots

Ya know i have some on the pourch from shopping at castco. Ill be sure to put in there i have pine trees ill look for pine cones still closed is there a tab here i can go to to make sure my woods are safe for the boys and thanks if i didnt have them id be pretty lost right now they are the only thing keeping me going

15. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-29-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-29-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-09-2017)

Parrots

Think i have a couple of these as well as water bottles should i remove the caps as i think they could be more of a choking hazard than him eipping and tossing them around and its a great idea i can tottaly hid treasts in them too for him to knock out

17. The following 2 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-29-2017), Lady (10-29-2017)

Parrots

Thanks ya they are kinda the only things keeping me going besides the other pets and work ...times are rough but at least i have my anipals i have many egg cartons as i have a flock of chickens and i have a friemd that saves me all her cartons for when i bring her my farm fresh eggs. And i will look at what all i have around i know i have a bunch of pvc pipe im sure if i found some chain i could make a chandler type toy that would be cool idk thoe

19. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-29-2017), Lady (11-02-2017), PlaxMacaws (11-09-2017)