User Tag List

Thread: Sprouting seed recipe

Sprouting seed recipe

Hi there, we are getting an alex next week. Just wondering what's everyone's fav recipe of seeds and beans for sprouting? Thanks:-)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum! How excited you must be, waiting for your Alex. Have you sprouted seeds before? And where are you located....there are online sites in Canada and the US that sell good seeds.

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I just started sprouting for the chickens we take care of. Haven’t tried them for Rosie yet.

Broccoli and Holly’s Mix (lentils, peas, mung & adzuki) seem to grow the best for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-21-2017), Lady (10-21-2017), Quakerella (10-21-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Great job Kendra. I sprout my seeds just until the tails (sprouts) show and feed those to the birds.

6. The following user likes this post:

Quakerella (10-21-2017)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Great job Kendra. I sprout my seeds just until the tails (sprouts) show and feed those to the birds.
    Oh wow, really? I have no experience at all. So I have just been growing them 4-7 days bc that’s what the instructions said to do. Do the birds prefer it when just the sprouts come out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

8. The following user likes this post:

Quakerella (10-21-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

I read that the peak of the nutrients was just before sprouting. However, others say that sprouts, regardless of what stage they are at, are all nutritious. My Sennie loves them this way. I let the sprouts get about 1/4 - 1/2 inch for the canaries. I guess it's just what they get used to.

10. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (10-22-2017), Quakerella (10-21-2017)