User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quaker parrots

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    They can be housed in the same room with a divider, at least until they form a strong bond with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Quakerella View Post
    They can be housed in the same room with a divider, at least until they form a strong bond with each other.
    Thank you a lot, I decided to change accommodations, and when I'm done that's just going to be it. For now they r in separate cages, a tad small i think, but its only short term...
    But in just 2 days, both pairs no longer sleep a mile apart, they already sleeping side by side which is so gorgeous

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

3. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-25-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-25-2017), Lady (10-26-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

That's wonderful. It is adorable when they are snuggled up together.

What made you decide to breed quakers?

That's wonderful. It is adorable when they are snuggled up together.

What made you decide to breed quakers?
    It all started 4-5 years ago with a cockatiel ... which turned into a mixed aviary with over 50 birds,
    One day I saw Bianca, the handrearerd quaker and fell in love, that changed everything... a month later our landlord asked for the house back. I had to sell up, dispose of the aviary but kept Bianca... a year and a bit ago, my house mate n i joined forces and bought this house in Luton... then Siniy the blue came along, as I wanted to give Bianca a boyfriend which turned out to be a girl, then I found Belyy the white male and now Oli...
    Had the breeder who sold me Siniy been honourable and sold me a male for sure... I probably would only have 1pair... and had babies by now... instead I'm still waiting, and likely have to wait longer cos it's all been done back to front....
    This is the basic story lol

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-28-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-28-2017), Lady (10-28-2017), Quakerella (10-30-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

It won't be long of a wait I'm sure.

It won't be long of a wait I'm sure.
    You are kind my other worry is that once they breed, I'd like to hand rear the babies.... and I never hand reared any. But I have the winter to go through first and don't need to worry about it just yet .

Super Moderator

Parrots

May I suggest you find a local breeder or vet and see if they will allow you to watch, and teach you how to hand feed. It is definitely not something I would recommend doing without being taught the proper way and the safe way. Throughout the winter may be the perfect time to learn before you have babies to feed. That way when the time comes you will be ready.

10. The following user likes this post:

Lady (11-02-2017)