User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quaker parrots

Quaker parrots

Here is the family:
    Bianca, white girl, she was my first quaker. She is a princess, has been handrearerd, at 6 month she was swapped for a different species of partot as the previous owner couldn't handle her escaping abilities, it never happened with me, Bianca owns the space closest to my neck when sitting on my shoulder.
    Siniy, blue girl, nr2 and daredevil, she plays dead very well and it's quite funny... originally I thought I had a blue boy, untill this year she laid 3 eggs...
    As these two spent almost 2 years together with me, we are going to have an interesting time ahead incorporating the 2 boys and becoming a coherent flock.
    Belyy and Oli, werent hand rearerd so we are still working together to becoming a happy family. We have the biting sorted, all I need to do now is ask for no bitting please... they still pref to keep a healthy distance of about a moillion km from me, but if there is no cage in sight they will sit on my shoulder...
    Oli only arrived 2 days ago, I'm keeping him in a separate cage for another few days, but when it's out time everyone is near me on the sofa and able to go to the cage at anytime to eat, drink, or simply avoid being on my shoulder lol
    However, the power has shifted Bianca and Siniy no longer dare challenge the upper perch for themselves lol

Belly's character is not yet transparent but he no longer wants to be left alone and want to be where the girls are, if not for me lol

Oli is only 4 months old, I hope the integration will be easier...

Up to a year ago I worked with Russians and Russian speakers, I became very fond of the language, even though it's very difficult- however, I wanted my parrots names to have a meaning =
    Bianca = white in Italian
    Siniy = blue in Russian
    Belyy = white in Russian
    Oli = can't call him olive lol

On the 4rth picture the males are sitting on the top perch...

I have this in control so far. I think.
    What I would like now, is anyone with breeding experience to throw at me some ideas, or be kind enough to allow me to ask things... I know these little lovebundles can produce like mad, that's not my aim, but at the same time I'd like things to happen as they are meant to even better I'd love to meet a breeder if not too far out....

I also have 4 budgies, but that's another story. One if them has learned how to mimic quaker screams which makes me laugh out loud most times... more if that on another occasion...

Thx for reading, and please feel free to write.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-19-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-19-2017), Lady (10-21-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Love the pictures, they are all very cute. It must be interesting to watch the changing dynamics as new members are introduced to the flock.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-19-2017), Lady (10-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    Love the pictures, they are all very cute. It must be interesting to watch the changing dynamics as new members are introduced to the flock.
    Thx Casper, it's great fun, at times a bit worrying
    I could spend hours just having them doing their own thing whilst i do mine

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    They are beautiful. I haven't seen a white one before. Hopefully Quakerella will be along soon to assist with your questions.

8. The following user likes this post:

Lady (10-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    They are beautiful. I haven't seen a white one before. Hopefully Quakerella will be along soon to assist with your questions.
    Really? Is there a person on here called quakerella????
    That is very funny indeed. I look forwards to hearing... or rather reading quakerella's wisdom

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Here is the family:
    Bianca, white girl, she was my first quaker. She is a princess, has been handrearerd, at 6 month she was swapped for a different species of partot as the previous owner couldn't handle her escaping abilities, it never happened with me, Bianca owns the space closest to my neck when sitting on my shoulder.
    Siniy, blue girl, nr2 and daredevil, she plays dead very well and it's quite funny... originally I thought I had a blue boy, untill this year she laid 3 eggs...
    As these two spent almost 2 years together with me, we are going to have an interesting time ahead incorporating the 2 boys and becoming a coherent flock.
    Belyy and Oli, werent hand rearerd so we are still working together to becoming a happy family. We have the biting sorted, all I need to do now is ask for no bitting please... they still pref to keep a healthy distance of about a moillion km from me, but if there is no cage in sight they will sit on my shoulder...
    Oli only arrived 2 days ago, I'm keeping him in a separate cage for another few days, but when it's out time everyone is near me on the sofa and able to go to the cage at anytime to eat, drink, or simply avoid being on my shoulder lol
    However, the power has shifted Bianca and Siniy no longer dare challenge the upper perch for themselves lol

Belly's character is not yet transparent but he no longer wants to be left alone and want to be where the girls are, if not for me lol

Oli is only 4 months old, I hope the integration will be easier...

Up to a year ago I worked with Russians and Russian speakers, I became very fond of the language, even though it's very difficult- however, I wanted my parrots names to have a meaning =
    Bianca = white in Italian
    Siniy = blue in Russian
    Belyy = white in Russian
    Oli = can't call him olive lol

On the 4rth picture the males are sitting on the top perch...

I have this in control so far. I think.
    What I would like now, is anyone with breeding experience to throw at me some ideas, or be kind enough to allow me to ask things... I know these little lovebundles can produce like mad, that's not my aim, but at the same time I'd like things to happen as they are meant to even better I'd love to meet a breeder if not too far out....

I also have 4 budgies, but that's another story. One if them has learned how to mimic quaker screams which makes me laugh out loud most times... more if that on another occasion...

Thx for reading, and please feel free to write.

Just a quick update, as all 4 Quakers were out all morning till way later than me posting the post and pictures... it was all going smooth..., so I risked it by putting the white pair in one cage and the blue girl and green baby in another, but everyone can see each other... there were no squibles.
    I'm well chuffed
    Will this end up with me having yo pairs that will eventually bond to each other?
    Time will tell

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-19-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-21-2017), Lady (10-21-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Absolutely beautiful birds. I love the white one. Do you by any chance know the bloodline for the colours? Are any splits? The one blue almost looks like a cinnamon, but I can't tell from the pictures.

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-21-2017), Lady (10-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Quakerella View Post
    Absolutely beautiful birds. I love the white one. Do you by any chance know the bloodline for the colours? Are any splits? The one blue almost looks like a cinnamon, but I can't tell from the pictures.
    I don't know, I dont really understand that kind of thing...
    The light is bad, the blue is night blue nor aqua bug sort of both lol
    The white ones have an iridescent blue hint to them under certain light conditions.
    The green is a very yellow green
    I'm totally besotted with them

16. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-22-2017), Quakerella (10-23-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Will this end up with me having yo pairs that will eventually bond to each other?
    Not necessarily. If you want to pick your pairs then you would be better putting them together and away from the others until they bond. If it doesn't matter then they will pick their own mate when ready.

18. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-23-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Quakerella View Post

Not necessarily. If you want to pick your pairs then you would be better putting them together and away from the others until they bond. If it doesn't matter then they will pick their own mate when ready.
    Can I house them in the same room but with a decision in between so they can only see their mates but not the other pair?
    Or do i have to house them in separate rooms?