User Tag List

Thread: Stupid Fruit Flies

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique

Stupid Fruit Flies

Holy Guacamole we are having a horrible problem with fruit flies! We usually get them this time of year and I have done the trick with the apple cider vinegar and the dish soap but I am losing my mind this year. The fruit flies are 100x worse than they normally are. I don't know if it is the milder weather that we are experiencing what is going on but I feel like we are being invaded. Is anyone else having a problem? Any recommendations or suggestions?

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-14-2017)

Follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    No suggestions, but I commiserate with you. I use the same as you and wait it out. Thank goodness we don't have that issue this year.

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    We NEVER get them, but we have them this year. Ugh. I have enough aggravation with my never ending war with pantry moths. Hate bugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-15-2017), Lady (10-15-2017)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    Ugh, I hear you Kendra...I am not a bug person but it is especially frustrating this year as I swear there are a million more of them than normal, and of course it makes it difficult with feeding Charlie and Peanut because they have cut up fruit and veggies in the morning and the poor fids are getting upset because I am not leaving their bowls in there as long as I normally do. I am so ready for it to get really cold to knock the little buggers out.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Not too bad this year, probably because we have many many spider webs outside. Wherever you go you are walking through them. How do they get the webs to hang between two trees fifteen feet apart? Do they climb down, walk across and then climb up the other tree?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    All fly's are a PITA, but here is an article that might have some suggestions you haven't tried. Also NOTE I have not read all of it so be sure nothing can be harmful to your birds or children.

https://www.getridoffliesguide.com/g...f-fruit-flies/

I hope something works fast for you.

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-15-2017), Quakerella (10-16-2017)