User Tag List

Thread: Great place, Great birds.

Threaded View

Parrots

Budgie named "Dobi"

Great place, Great birds.

So my fiance and I were up in Pigeon Forge TN. We found this place called "Parrot mountain". They had allot of birds just hanging out, many that you could hold and interact with. We spent a good amount of time running around the facility and learned a good bit about many of the bird species there.

Then we found the nursery....

They had a ton of baby birds that they hand feed and hand rear for you to talk to play and interact with (around weaning age). We hadn't been planning on getting a bird and even we had decided that we werent... Until we went inside. We played with tons of little birds including Conures, IRN's, Macaws, Cockatoos, and Caiques.
    That's when this one little white belly caique just strolls up to me so I pick him up, and he doesn't want to go down. I gave him over to my fiance and said "here take this". I spent another hour in the nursery playing with baby birds, and she spent it playing with him... Thus we ended up getting the little guy. He's still on formula but they showed us how to feed him, and now he's climbing all over me preening my hair and shirt while I type. (Any advice on Caique training will be heard).

If you ever find yourself in the are of Pigeon Forge and want to see birds CHECK THIS PLACE OUT!
    If you're willing to travel to get a bird I also recommend going here. The babies here are highly socialized, hand-fed/hand-reared, and fairly priced.

http://www.parrotmountainandgardens.com/

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-02-2017), kendrafitz (10-05-2017), Lady (10-06-2017)