User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a beautiful feathered baby grows up to be a magnificent companion - very touching!

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)

a beautiful feathered baby grows up to be a magnificent companion - very touching!

I saw this video and thought I'd share it. I really love it.

He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-28-2017), kendrafitz (10-05-2017), Lady (10-06-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Wow, days 90 to 100 suddenly all the feathers develop.
    When they were very young I noticed the bottom beak was much wider than the top one, presumably for shoveling food in?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

4. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-28-2017), Lady (10-06-2017), PlaxMacaws (09-28-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    They were magnificent when they were in flight. However, there was a trickle of anxiety in my heart that they may not return or get injured.
    Baby birds are all so cute, but due to the size of the macaws they seem so different as babies. Loved the film...thanks for sharing.

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-28-2017), kendrafitz (10-05-2017), Lady (10-06-2017), PlaxMacaws (09-28-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    .When they were very young I noticed the bottom beak was much wider than the top one, presumably for shoveling food in?
    Yes, I'm sure that's the reason. It's for the best chance at catching the copious amounts of food they require for adequate nourishment and thus proper development.

8. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-28-2017), Dragonlady2 (09-28-2017), Lady (10-06-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    They were magnificent when they were in flight. However, there was a trickle of anxiety in my heart that they may not return or get injured.
    Baby birds are all so cute, but due to the size of the macaws they seem so different as babies. Loved the film...thanks for sharing.
    You're welcome. And I know what you mean. It's a double-edged sword, so to speak. I see them soaring and I feel happy for the joys of freedom they're clearly experiencing... but, at the same time, I worry for their safety

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-28-2017), Lady (10-06-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I've just been learning about the recently discovered pigment which the scientist called YlnMn blue. As the name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue Crayola had a competition for a new name and bluetiful was chosen. Idiots - they should have called it Macaw blue.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

12. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-29-2017), kendrafitz (10-05-2017), Lady (10-06-2017), PlaxMacaws (09-28-2017)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    I've just been learning about the recently discovered pigment which the scientist called YlnMn blue. As the name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue Crayola had a competition for a new name and bluetiful was chosen. Idiots - they should have called it Macaw blue.
    Or we can start calling our blue macaws "Bluetiful" . Nice shade!

14. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-29-2017), Dragonlady2 (09-29-2017), Lady (10-06-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    What a beautiful video. It is a wonderful thing to watch them go from egg to free flight.

They are magnificent birds.

16. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-29-2017), Lady (10-06-2017), PlaxMacaws (09-29-2017)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Awesome video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

18. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-05-2017), Lady (10-06-2017), PlaxMacaws (10-05-2017), Quakerella (10-05-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Wow~ Breathless is how I felt watching them in flight. It is such a special bond to have when you raise a baby. I too would be so very concerned to see them out flying free for fear of what could happen and yes at the same time it was a wonderful sight to see.

20. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-06-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-06-2017), PlaxMacaws (10-06-2017)