User Tag List

Thread: PP's IRC applet will no longer load in certain browsers

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"

PP's IRC applet will no longer load in certain browsers

I know that most of our currently active members have never participated on our IRC channel (accessible via the "Live Chat Channel" option on the Live Chat Options menu). However, for those of you who have previously connected to our IRC channel, and in case there may be some interest among others, I must report that the newest versions of various web browsers, including Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, will no longer support NPAPI plug-ins. There is thus no way to add a Java plug-in to those browsers now, which means Java applets will no longer load and run with them.

Internet Explorer will still accommodate the Java plug-in (up through at least IE version 11) and thus run our IRC applet. And if you install the add-on for Google Chrome called IE Tab, it's as well possible to run our IRC applet without issue on a Chrome IE tab. But be warned that to load our IRC applet directly from IE, it may be necessary to first turn off ActiveX Filtering from the Safety menu.

The only other way to access PP's IRC channel is through a dedicated IRC client, such as mIRC.

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-18-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Gee that's sad, and good to know. I have tried, but since I had to return my pc to factory settings I thought it was an issue due to windows 8. If you get a chance to put up step by step illustrations on how to do what you explained maybe I could try. I always enjoyed our chats there.

4. The following user likes this post:

plax (09-23-2017)