User Tag List

Thread: Free flying stuff..

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Free flying stuff..

Most of you know I had a free flying U2 named Amigo. I will always miss him with all my heart. I belong to a closed umbrella Cockatoo site on fb and recently saw a post of someone flying their bird. I'm so happy, scared and anxious for these folks..all at the same time. Flying your bird outside is not only the most beautiful, exciting and wondrous thing you could ever experience, it is also the most horrible movie in your dreams. It was hard and tortuous..flying Amigo, I did it for him, not me. He was a free bird, a happy bird. The hardest part was my worries as to whether I was doing right by him..I have to think I was.

I've thought of flying Shaggy but thinking that as I'm getting older, it might be hard to place him when I'm gone. That was a concern with Amigo. He was no longer an indoor bird, not happy with being couped up. Anyways..this is just meandering thoughts I thought I would share.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (09-26-2017), Lady (09-23-2017)