User Tag List

Thread: Conure Vs Caique Vs Cockatiel...

Parrots

Budgie named "Dobi"

Conure Vs Caique Vs Cockatiel...

Which one make's the best social companion? Fiance and I are wondering between the three which one would:

1) Be best for active families with kids.

2) Aggression vs Shy vs Nippiness?

3) Gentlest?

4) General friendliness.

2. The following user likes this post:

Mare (09-18-2017)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Hello! I am biased because I've never had the pleasure of a caique or conure. A hand raised cockatiel is superior over a Craigslist Umbrella Cockatoo or Goffins Cockatoo..just ask my husband A hand raised cockatiel can be such a special family member. I've hand raised a clutch that I love so much..I can't part with them..my husband feels the same where as, if he was given the choice..the big ones wouldn't be here, but that's him..not me. I love the challenge!

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique
    I am biased to the cockatoo's as we have a LSCCC and he is a cuddle bug and gets along with all of us, we also have a caique and he can get nippy and is more my husbands bird than mine and the kids, he is a riot and keeps us laughing but as far as a bird that is everyone's bird a cockatoo is (in my opinion) the best bet. Just a word to wise they do get LOUD especially when they aren't getting the attention they want or need.

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (10-06-2017), PlaxMacaws (10-09-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    All are the same and all are different, it depends on individual characters and how you interact with them. Just like children. Probably.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

7. The following 4 users like this post:

Lady (10-06-2017), mdg1109 (10-14-2017), PlaxMacaws (10-09-2017), Quakerella (10-02-2017)

Parrots

Katie- 23 yr old Catalina Macaw

Conure Vs Caique Vs Cockatiel...

I've never had a Caique, grew up around Cockatiels and they are definitely the easiest birds to handle and lowest maintenance in my opinion. Ours would be very affectionate and let us rub them and learn all sorts of songs- very talented whistlers!

I've watched conures and now own a green cheek conure, so I'm partial to them. I have noticed they are much more nippy though and attention demanding. Mine needs lots of outside time which I happily accommodate.

I really do think every bird has its unique personality regardless of breed. My experience is cockatiels are laid back and conures and playful and cuddly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-09-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-09-2017), Lady (10-12-2017), mdg1109 (10-14-2017), PlaxMacaws (10-09-2017)