User Tag List

Thread: Hello from Ohio

Parrots

Black Headed Caiques, Budgies, Starling past: Conures, Macaws, Amazons, Cockatiels, Ringneck

Hello from Ohio

Hello all!

My name is Lily and I live in Columbus Ohio. In addition to a human child, I have 2 Black Headed Caiques, 2 foster Budgies, and a European Starling.

I actually work with parrots professionally: I have a pet sitting business that specializes in them and I also do behavioral and caregiving consultations. I hope to start a rescue here, as there aren't any for parrots. (I moved here 5 years ago).
    Squawk and Howl: Parrot-Centric Pet Sitting & Behavioral Consultations in Columbus, Ohio

We also power wash cages, offer avian catering, and more!

2. The following user likes this post:

Mare (09-15-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Welcome to the forum Lily! Interesting flock you have there. How did you acquire the starling? Does it talk? To me they are fascinating birds.
    Please post some pics of your birds, if you can.

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Hi Lily and welcome.

Wonderful of you to want to start a rescue. Looking forward to hearing more about your birds and your pet sitting experiences.

5. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-12-2017)

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Greetings, Lily. Welcome to our community
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

7. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-12-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Hi Lilly
    Starlings are intelligent, noisy and messy. They arrive where we live in the autumn after spending their summer holidays in Russia. They than proceed to strip all the berries from our yew tree which will have just come into fruit. I find this a wonderful symbiosis.
    They are also excellent mimics and quickly learn phone tones and similar noises.
    What does your's get up to?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-12-2017), Quakerella (09-12-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Hi Lily,

Nice to meet you and your flock. I'm looking forward to some pics when you get some time.

11. The following user likes this post:

Quakerella (09-15-2017)