User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To Evacuate Parrots When You Only Have Seconds (via request by Mare)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Tony, the closest one is maybe ten miles as the crow flys. We are safe from it. I have huge concerns /paranoia of someone close to us starting a fire. Our closest neighbor, half mile down the hill, has had two fires start on their property from gas can spills in their generator shed!..oh! The first one she started, she was using her lighter to peek into the gas can to see how much was in there!! They're a freaking nightmare! A few years ago, I get a phone call from said neighbor warning us that her truck caught on fire at our gate!! She ran up hill to call from another neighbors house to warn us, which was nice of her.. We have rednecks on the next ridge shooting off guns the other night! I'm telling you..summers are scary around here.
    Last edited by Mare; 09-05-2017 at 11:21 PM.

2. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-10-2017)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    According to the BBC this week they had a big reduction (almost 50%) of wildfires in Wales just by fire officers going around the schools explaining the dire consequences of starting fires for fun.
    The previous huge reduction was when they outlawed farmers from stubble burning.
    Other human causes are cigarette ends thrown out of cars and cars with hot catalytic converters parked over dry grass.
    Education is key! Sometimes, Mother Nature takes part with thunder storms..and then away we go! Our huge fire in Mariposa a few weeks ago, that evacuated the whole town was started by gun shots. I suppose we need to outlaw idiots!
    Last edited by Mare; 09-06-2017 at 12:29 AM.

4. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-10-2017)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Tony, the closest one is maybe ten miles as the crow flys. We are safe from it. I have huge concerns /paranoia of someone close to us starting a fire. Our closest neighbor, half mile down the hill, has had two fires start on their property from gas can spills in their generator shed!..oh! The first one she started, she was using her lighter to peek into the gas can to see how much was in there!! They're a freaking nightmare! A few years ago, I get a phone call from said neighbor warning us that her truck caught on fire at our gate!! She ran up hill to call from another neighbors house to warn us, which was nice of her.. We have rednecks on the next ridge shooting off guns the other night! I'm telling you..summers are scary around here.
    Wow, that's an unsettling situation! It makes one realize that in this dried out, fire-fuel environment being forced upon us we're only as safe as our neighbor's competence level will allow us to be
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (09-10-2017), Dragonlady2 (09-06-2017), Lady (09-09-2017), Mare (09-06-2017)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by plax View Post
    Wow, that's an unsettling situation! It makes one realize that in this dried out, fire-fuel environment being forced upon us we're only as safe as our neighbor's competence level will allow us to be
    Truth..

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I would towel Lady in a heart beat no matter how much she would protest or bite! I really like the idea of a picture of your bird or birds on the bottom of the crate with important information attached. I don't own a laminating machine but those plastic sleeves that anyone can pick up can be taped closed and to the crate without any problem.

9. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-09-2017)