User Tag List

Thread: Baby Tiel - Does she like me? (Video)

Parrots

2 budgies, 1 cockatiel

Question Baby Tiel - Does she like me? (Video)

Here is my baby tiel 2 months old tomorrow. I had her for 1 week now. She came from a breeder hand fed. Her name is Alsing.

I want her to like me and enjoy touching if possible, so she can be harness trained.

From the video does it seem like she likes me or still just getting used to me?

Also, should I be touching her neck and head or not? She seems to not be keen on it but not hate it?

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-04-2017), Mare (09-04-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Tara ,

Alsing is very cute! Only two months old..........aww just a baby. She is very relaxed for only being with you for a week. I think you guys are getting along wonderfully. It will take her time to get use to being pet and yes her head is a great place to start. She didn't seem to mind at all, I think she rather enjoyed it. Petting her neck is okay too.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-04-2017), Mare (09-04-2017)

Parrots

2 budgies, 1 cockatiel
    lol but sometimes she moves away especially if I am not really slow and sneaky about it (when she is eating or playing with a toy / perch) then I can sneak it in , lol. Sometimes she also bites me, like when I asked her to step up she had to rapid fire my finger first i think it was because she was abit miffed I pet her? lol

6. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-04-2017)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Alsing, I love her name My baby eggs turned one in July and are the feistiest, love bugs I've ever met! They hate me to touch their head unless I'm grabbing it to kiss, they then turn to jelly. She more than likes you, I see great things for you and Alsing's future!

8. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-04-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    They love having their neck stroked
    https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comm...e_just_pets_a/
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

10. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-04-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Hi Tara and Welcome

Alsing is beautiful. Looks to me like she enjoys your company very much.
    She will let you know if she wants petted. Most cockatiels (not all) enjoy being rubbed around the head and will gladly bow down for you.

Keep doing exactly what you are doing, she is very content.

12. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-04-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Hi Tara! Welcome to Precisely Parrots.

Looks to me like you are doing a wonderful job with Alsing. Keep up the great work and you will have a wonderful companion.

14. The following user likes this post:

Lady (09-23-2017)