User Tag List

Thread: Small Animal Rescue Zello channel for the Texas flood area

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)

Small Animal Rescue Zello channel for the Texas flood area

In case there's any interest, the hurricane/flooding rescue effort in Texas is using Zello channels for dedicated communications among rescue teams. I've been listening to the Harvey Small Animal Rescue channel. There's as well a Harvey Animal Rescue channel for larger animals. There are a multitude of other Harvey-related rescue and reporting channels on the Zello system as well. Each channel has an acting dispatch person and many volunteers in the field pursuing the rescues. It's interesting to hear.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (08-31-2017), Mare (08-31-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    I had no idea what Zello was so had to google it. Apparently Facebook, twitter, email and all the others have a new kid on the block. How do you know which one to use and when?
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper's 2nd best friend View Post
    I had no idea what Zello was so had to google it. Apparently Facebook, twitter, email and all the others have a new kid on the block. How do you know which one to use and when?
    Options are great, aren't they? But Zello is different in that it's a push-to-talk (PTT) communications app - it effectively makes your cellphone, your computer, or your other device into a two-way radio (or walkie-talkie). It works anywhere in the world where cell service or an Internet connection is present. Voice quality is extremely good since it employs digitally based audio and uses a relatively high bit rate. A user merely need adjust his/her mic gain properly one time to be all set. There are other features as well, such as photo sharing and text messaging. And best of all it has no in-app advertising and it's absolutely free to download and use
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)

6. The following user likes this post:

plax (09-02-2017)